Children's School Substitute Teacher
PACIFIC OAKS CHILDREN'S SCHOOL
If you value People, Diversity, Social Justice, and Participatory Decision-Making, we'd like to hear from you!
Pacific Oaks Children's School provides interactive, play-based programs for children ages six months up to six years. Founded seventy years ago, the school is known for its progressive philosophy and pioneering approach to anti-bias education, emergent curriculum, and peaceful conflict resolution. Pacific Oaks offers a variety of programs including part-day classes as well as full-day programs for 2-5 year olds.
- Take direction from the teacher; follow the lead of other teachers and reflect a similar style and tone of interactions with children.
- Help set up, manage, and clean up the physical classroom and outdoor spaces as requested.
- Supervise children so that they are safe and use equipment appropriately.
- Help with diapering and/or toileting children.
- Facilitate problem-solving, conflict resolution, and redirect behavior in a kind and developmentally appropriate manner, as needed.
- Demonstrate respect for children, parents, and colleagues.
- Meet basic requirements to work in an early childhood program.
- Be at least 18 years of age with, at a minimum, a high school diploma.
- Possess a minimum 12 Early Childhood Education units.
- Have prior experience working with young children in a school program.
- Have successfully completed a fingerprint and background check.
- Be able to physically participate effectively in the program: run, walk, bend, climb, see up close and at a distance, sit on the floor with children, lift up to 40 pounds and reach children quickly in the event of an emergency.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School