Adjunct Faculty - School of Education - Credential Programs - San Jose
San Jose, CA
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
SAN JOSE CAMPUS
If you value People, Diversity, Social Justice, and Participatory Decision-Making, we'd like to hear from you!
There are multiple pathways to earn a Multiple Subject or Education Specialist (Special Education) Teaching Credential. Candidates can select the BA integrated program, an MA with credential, or a standalone credential. The Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood with a Multiple Subject or Dual Credential (Multiple Subject and Education Specialist combined) program provides qualified candidates with a foundation for educating and developing positive and inclusive learning environments for young children from kindergarten through third grade. At the post baccalaureate level, candidates can earn their Master's degree with a credential or choose to complete a standalone credential.
The Pacific Oaks curriculum is based on a constructivist framework that is responsive to multiple sources of diversity in early childhood education. As actively engaged participants, candidates in this program learn about essential principles and theories of pedagogy and child development, and engage in supervised learning experiences to integrate and apply their knowledge. Learning experiences throughout the curriculum are characterized by inquiry, self reflection, collaboration with others, and problemsolving.
Acknowledging multiple influences on child development and learning, the program emphasizes the importance of developing respectful and reciprocal relationships to create supportive and challenging learning environments. Coursework focuses on strategies of inclusion, issues of equity, social justice, and cultural competence. We are looking for adjunct faculty with a minimum of a Master's degree and a Multiple Subject or Education Specialist credential who can create academically rich learning experiences for candidates seeking a teaching credential.
This Adjunct Faculty position is located in San Jose, CA.
- Provide college level instruction for candidates earning a Multiple Subject or Education Specialist credential.
- Teaching graduate students earning Masters of Arts degrees in Education with Multiple Subject or Education Specialist credentials
- Develop and plan lectures, activities, and some assignments to align with course learning outcomes and CCTC standards for credential courses
- Careful assessment of candidate assignments and providing timely feedback
- Evaluating assignments; papers, projects, class participation, and presentations using college level methods of evaluation to assign grades
- Collaboration with colleagues on course curriculum and teaching methodologies to cultivate critical thinking and reflective practice in the learning environment
- Ability to utilize various instructional strategies to foster an inclusive learning environment for a diverse student population
- Keep current on scholarship, research, and "best practices" in the discipline in which the instructor is assigned to teach
- Comfortable with using various forms of technologies
- Maintain records and respond to students on email or by phone as needed
- Evaluate course work in Taskstream
- Doctorate in related field (preferred)
- Publications, presentations, and research in early childhood education (preferred)
- Master's degree and Multiple Subject Credential- Credential courses
- Master's degree and Ed Specialist M/M Credential- Ed Specialist Credential courses
- Relevant professional experience
- Official Transcript and two letters of recommendation
- Familiar with andragogy; adult learning theory
- Communicate effectively Pacific Oaks College's learning management system
- Proficiency in common internet tools, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds
- Commitment to support the mission of Pacific Oaks College
Examples of the Teacher Credentialing and Special Education Credentialing program courses available for teaching assignments:
- Language and Literacy in a Diverse Classroom
- The Art of Teaching Science
- Contemporary Methods of Teaching Math
- Theories of Development for All Learners
- Utilizing and Infusing Technology into Teaching
- Studies of the Student with Special Needs
- Communication and Collaboration Skills for Special
- Instructing Students with Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- Student Teaching Placement I and 2
***Effective November 15, 2017, please include the following attachments with your online application to be considered for this position:
- CV and cover letter
- 2 recent letters of recommendation (within the last 1-2 years )
- Highest degree unofficial transcripts (official transcripts will be required upon hiring)
***If you submitted an application prior to November 15, 2017 without these documents, your application will still be reviewed. However, these documents will be requested during the interview process.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System.
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired through E-Verify.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School