Adjunct - School of Cultural & Family Psychology - MFT
SCHOOL OF CULTURAL & FAMILY PSYCHOLOGY (CFP)
Marriage & Family Therapy (MFT)
Pasadena and San Jose Campus
If you value People, Diversity, Social Justice, and Participatory Decision-Making, we'd like to hear from you!
The School of CFP is currently seeking outstanding Marriage and Family Practitioners-Scholars to join our diverse pool of adjunct faculty for the Spring, Summer and Fall semesters.
The adjunct faculty member will teach MFT MA level courses in the School of Cultural and Family Psychology; there are several opportunities in the different programs.
Examples of the MFT program courses available for teaching assignments in San Jose:
- Communication & Counseling Skills
- Theories of MFT
- Professional Ethics & the Law
- Personality Theories & Psychological Testing
- Interface of Society and Human Development
- Family Violence
- Clinical Theories of Child Development
- Group Therapy
- Culture, Attachment, and Trauma
Pacific Oaks College's School of Cultural and Family Psychology has 3 distinct MA in MFT programs, and TWO MA in MFT specializations:
- The 'Traditional' MFT Program
- The African American Family Studies Program
- The Latina Family Studies Program
- The Trauma Studies Specialization
- The Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) Specialization
- Teach assigned MFT courses at our Pasadena Campus
- Become proficient (training offered) in Canvas (the learning management system)
- Participate in MFT adjunct faculty meetings once per academic year while teaching
- Post grades per scheduled deadlines.
- PhD degree preferred, Masters' Degree required in Psychology, MFT, or Social Work.
- Graduate teaching experience and/or a minimum of 3 years clinical experience
- Exemplary Professional Experience
- Desire to teach in Culture-centered Model, relational and
- Licensure in Field for certain selected courses
***Effective November 15, 2017, please include the following attachments with your online application to be considered for this position:
- CV and cover letter
- 2 recent letters of recommendation (within the last 1-2 years )
- Highest degree unofficial transcripts (official transcripts will be required upon hiring)
***If you submitted an application prior to November 15, 2017 without these documents, your application will still be reviewed. However, these documents will be requested during the interview process.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System.
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired through E-Verify.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School