Grounded in its social justice heritage, Pacific Oaks College prepares students to be culturally intelligent agents of change serving diverse communities in the fields of human development, education, and related family studies. Central to the Quaker tradition and history of Pacific Oaks is the value we place on the individual. This translates into core values we live by at Pacific Oaks of People, Diversity, Social Justice, and Participatory Decision-Making.
PACIFIC OAKS CHILDREN'S SCHOOL
If you value People, Diversity, Social Justice, and Participatory Decision-Making, we'd like to hear from you!
Pacific Oaks Children's School provides interactive, play-based programs for children ages six months up to six years. Founded seventy years ago, the school is known for its progressive philosophy and pioneering approach to anti-bias education, emergent curriculum, and peaceful conflict resolution. Pacific Oaks offers a variety of programs including part-day classes as well as full-day programs for 2-5 year olds.
• Take direction from the teacher; follow the lead of other teachers and reflect a similar style and tone of interactions with children.
• Help set up, manage, and clean up the physical classroom and outdoor spaces as requested.
• Supervise children so that they are safe and use equipment appropriately.
• Help with diapering and/or toileting children.
• Facilitate problem-solving, conflict resolution, and redirect behavior in a kind and developmentally appropriate manner, as needed.
• Demonstrate respect for children, parents, and colleagues.
• Meet basic requirements to work in an early childhood program.
• Be at least 18 years of age with, at a minimum, a high school diploma.
• Possess a minimum 12 Early Childhood Education units.
• Have prior experience working with young children in a school program.
• Have successfully completed a fingerprint and background check.
• Be able to physically participate effectively in the program: run, walk, bend, climb, see up close and at a distance, sit on the floor with children, lift up to 40 pounds and reach children quickly in the event of an emergency.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers' Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired through E-Verify.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School