The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Performs maintenance and repairs on facility electrical systems components up to and including the secondary distribution panel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Checks and replaces faulty switches, sockets, and other simple elements of electrical systems such as lighting fixtures, tubes, and ballasts.
- Connects wiring to fixtures and power equipment; splices wires as required.
- Inspects and tests electrical lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits.
- Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment.
- Measures, cuts, threads, and installs electrical conduit.
- Pulls wiring through conduit.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED; at least 3 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Journeyman Electrician's License.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of low voltage electrical systems and basic wiring principles.
- Ability to apply NEC standards.
- Ability to isolate defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment.
- Ability to measure, cut, thread, pull, and install electrical conduit.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
Position requires: a) Performing maintenance on all facility electrical system components up to and including the secondary distribution panel; b) Installing and repairing lighting, AC power distribution, switches, receptacles, over current protection, conduit and wire; and c) Electrical Journeyman License.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, bio-hazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of job.
Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
Apply for Electrician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly