Part-Time Staff Assistant I
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-Tomball
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Lone Star College-Tomball, located north of Houston and founded in 1988, offers a wide range of programs including the college system's only veterinary technology program and leading health sciences programs.
Campus address is 30555 Tomball Parkway. Tomball, Texas 77375-4036
The Staff Assistant I supports staff, faculty, administration and students by performing task-oriented
duties while providing clerical, analytical, administrative, and/or operational support. He or She greets
faculty, staff, students and the public and directs visitors to the proper location.
- Monitor in-office faculty grade checkout materials, uploading syllabi and vitae in iSTAR, and maintain organizational charts for accuracy.
- Monitor inventory of office/general supplies that are needed for staff and full-time faculty. Distribute markers and board erasers to faculty and maintain inventory. Monitor and keep two faculty workrooms stocked with supplies.
- Provide administrative support to Dean, DOM and division using various MS Office software.
- Provide photocopying, scanning, emailing, filing, and submitting service requests to Facilities.
- Serve as receptionist on the frontline by greeting, meeting, and assisting staff, faculty, students, and visitors to the office with information and an assortment of needs. Receive phone calls and answer appropriately, or transfer to the correct staff of faculty. Interact with customers by answering general inquiries. Answer parking questions and director to proper department. Check Lost & Found for items that an owner may be looking for. Record, receive, contact owner (if feasible) and release found items.
- Provide assistance to supervisors and others in the department by taking messages, proofreading, word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations, assisting with technology related issues, and filing. Read, monitor and respond to emails. Monitor and review incoming appeals for manager to approve/deny.
- Maintain and file department documents.
- Stay up to date with current events occurring on campus and relay any relevant information to the department staff. Maintain and update the bulletin board with printed student articles, the library hours, and course information and other happenings. Print and post STEM related event fliers inside classrooms and/or buildings on campus.
- Create and follow up on work orders that are submitted to maintenance.
- The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may
be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or
driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 KB) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
- High school diploma or GED
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College To Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check
Primary Location: US-Texas-Tomball
Work Locations: 30555 Tomball Parkway (0300) , 30555 Tomball Parkway , Tomball , 77375
Job: Student Services
Organization: LSC Tomball - 03
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Staff
Required Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Oct 8, 2018, 10:17:15 PM