Specialist IV, Corporate College
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-System Office, University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
This position is located at the LSC-System Office, University Park location at 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
Position Summary:The Specialist IV, Corporate College supports Corporate College staff by performing task oriented duties while providing clerical, analytical, administrative, and/or operational support under minimum supervision. The position will support Corporate College and oversee the handling of confidential participant registrations for Corporate College customized training courses. Maintains confidential grant files in a secure manner following LSC and client policies and will securely communicate trainee Information to TWC in monthly uploads.
- Works closely with grant directors to gather confidential participant Information from client companies
- Registers participants for Corporate College courses; Maintains confidential registration information and builds course setup In iStar (PeopleSoft)
- Builds class schedules and cancels classes according to class requirements: Submits documents, certificates and other required document for certification
- Processes all Information and maintain compliance In accordance with privacy laws, college policies, client policies and TWC understanding of sensitivity to and respect for confidential material
- Files monthly reports to TWC on active confidential grant participant information through TWC online portal
- Supports Executive Directors and Program Coordinators
- Generates and maintains all course documents, including registration forms, roll sheets, grant mandated sign-in sheets and participant assessments
- Coordinates with Internal and external staff to accomplish activities such as compiling information for daily, quarterly and annual reports for department
- Retrieves, complies and disseminates the development, set-up, and coordination of all departmental grant documents to include, but not limited to: data reports, correspondence, assessments, job descriptions, management Information, payroll and budget In support of the department
- Greets clients and students on the phone, providing customer service, advice and guidance regarding the registration process
- Maintains adequate office supplies: orders and prepares requisition for needed supplies and arranges equipment for repairs and maintenance
- Oversees daily and some long-term operations of Corporate College; Actively maintains up-to date knowledge of area and acts as a subject matter expert within area and as a point of contact and liaison for internal and external constituents
- Plans and coordinates a variety of meetings, workshops, training and conferences
- Has developed specialized skills through job-related training and substantial on-the-job experience
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Ability to document expenses
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite software and databases
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet schedules, deadlines and timelines
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of students from various socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to maintain confidently and discretion
- The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN In a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 KB) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
- High School Diploma and at least 5 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Associate's degree
- Salesforce experience
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College To Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check
Primary Location: US-Texas-Houston
Work Locations: 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Rd) (0801) , 20515 SH 249 , Houston , 77070
Job: Student Services
Organization: System Office - 00
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Oct 8, 2018, 11:24:52 PM