Part-Time Corporate College Instructor, Oil and Gas Exploration/Production
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-System Office, University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
This position is located at the LSC-System Office, University Park location at 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
In partnership with our clients, you will be the direct key to creating a successful outcome in the education of our clients' employee populations in learning new oil and Gas Production and Exploration skills as indicated below.
- Develops curriculum and delivers oil & gas programs and related materials in support of training objectives
- Reviews oil & gas course content and objectives
- Conducts training sessions and provide feedback for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities
- Maintains current knowledge of oil gas industry as required
- Responsible for other duties as assigned
- Understanding of the industry training needs (competencies, skills technical level job tasks and performance, and HSE implementation) as they apply to rig floor along with an understanding of the technological developments and global trends for oil and gas onshore / offshore
- Experience in implementing training techniques and convey practical knowledge (theory and primarily hands on applications) to students of both technical and nontechnical backgrounds
- Ability to work with plant personnel to generate training endeavors between the Oil and Gas program and industry and to coordinate schedules and course feedback
- Rig experience as a roustabout, floor hand, derrick hand, motor man, driller, tool pusher or rig supervisor
- Minimal physical effort is required
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Typically anytime between 6am-6pm. Instructors are required to meet with classes at all scheduled times and be available to students outside of class instruction.
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 KB) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
- At least 5 years of verified work experience in the oil and gas industry
- Experience combined with several years of hands-on and leadership experience in oil and gas extraction (onshore/offshore, etc.)
- Experience in teaching adults
- Bachelor's degree
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College To Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check
Primary Location: US-Texas-Houston
Work Locations: 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Rd) (0801) , 20515 SH 249 , Houston , 77070
Job: Student Services
Organization: System Office - 00
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Oct 9, 2018, 12:08:33 AM