Duties: This position will provide administrative support and coordination of numerous essential functions and initiatives for the Department of Medical Ethics and Health Policy at the Perelman School of Medicine. Primary responsibilities include providing administrative support for multiple faculty members as well as for the Department's new high-profile online educational initiatives. In supporting multiple faculty members, this position will book travel and process reimbursements, assist with planning and organizing meetings, conferences and special events, proof documents for accuracy, and provide administrative support for research programs as needed. Approximately half of the time, this position will support the administrative implementation of our online academic and professional development programs. Working under the guidance of the Director of Online Educational Initiatives, the Administrative Coordinator will support processes and activities across the operations, communications, courses, and events of online programs. Representative tasks include: processing invoices and expenses; scheduling and coordinating logistics for the Director and Assistant Faculty Director, recording sessions, web conferences, committee meetings, and admissions and onboarding activities; supporting occasional events, such as receptions, on-campus seminar, and graduation; pulling data for course reports; facilitating communication from the Assistant Faculty Director and Program Managers, using Salesforce, throughout the learner lifecycle; pulling program reports from Salesforce; supporting establishment of and communications to the Innovation Network; and serving as a backup on a learner support team.
This position will also provide important administrative coordination for the Division of Medical Ethics relative to organizing meetings, overseeing space and facilities tasks, and acting as the floor manager with respect to certain administrative responsibilities.
Qualifications: A High School Diploma and 5 to 7 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 1 year of experience preferred.
* Advanced organization and time management skills needed to carry out long-term projects (up to 18 months).
* Familiarity with Penn procedures and systems is preferred but not required.
* Demonstrated ability to support high-quality programs in a friendly, confident, service-oriented manner through interactions with internal and external constituents, whether over the telephone, by e-mail, in person, or through other means of communication.
* Excellent attention to detail and written and verbal communication skills, plus proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, are required.
* Familiarity with Salesforce preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to contribute solutions, implement details, and manage multiple priorities and deadlines, whether working independently or collaboratively.
Reference Number: 40-30100
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: ME-Medical Ethics
Job Family: X-Secretarial/Administrative