Student Program Assistant
The Student Program Assistant is responsible for supporting the process and functional needs for programming and events within the of Student Activities department. Meets with student organization leaders to assist with programming needs and logistics for a successful event. Works collaboratively with other offices across the University such as Student Center Operations, Dean of Students Staff, University Events, UITS Events A/V Staff, University Police, Environmental Health & Safety, Facilities, etc.
- Processing student organization space, table, changes, and cancellation requests via Event Management System (EMS) and other logistics related to programming needs
- Manage building equipment such as small group personal audio systems, card readers, microphones, etc.
- Provide high level of customer service and responsiveness to all constituents
Funding for this position is based on revenue generated funds, therefore, continued employment is based on availability of these funds
- Able to manage multiple projects at one time
- Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, technology, organization, communication, and presentation
- Proficient with computer applications and programs (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong Attention to detail and strong organizational and follow up skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Familiarity with EMS schedule software and/or Campus Labs Engage