JOB NO.: 106321-FTF
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: DOIT/AT/PROJ. MGMT
Categories: Accounting, Finance, Purchasing, Event Planning, Program Coordination, Office & Administrative Support
Employment Class: University Staff-Fixed Term Finite
Position Vacancy ID: 106321
Working Title: Project Coordinator
Official Title: OFFICE OPER ASSOCIATE(16160)
Hiring Department: A060503-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/AT/PROJ. MGMT
Term: This is a Terminal appointment
DoIT Academic Technology is comprised of over 90 professional staff in four groups: Learning Technology & Distance Education, Learning Solutions, Academic System and Professional Technical Education. This also includes the ITA program. DoIT Academic Technology provides technology services to faculty, staff and students in support of the academic mission of the university.
The position works closely with the AT Project Managers in support of the various projects and initiatives they are managing in AT. These project and initiatives touch the various internal and campus-wide initiatives, such as: REACH, Learning Analytics, Engage, Student Digital Ecosystem, Canvas Registrar's Office and more.
This position reports to the Academic Technology (AT) Project Management Group (PMG) Supervisor and works closely with the Budget and Policy Supervisor, AT Leadership Team, Full-Time Administrative staff and Academic Technology staff (project managers, project leaders, learning technology specialists, programmer/analysts) to provide a range of project coordination, project management consultation, budget and project reporting, data analysis, administrative and program support services. This position requires the ability to adapt and work with a shifting variety of priorities and assignments, considerable independent judgment, attention to detail, strong interpersonal communication skills, excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, demonstrated commitment to quality customer service, and the ability to understand and interpret complex rules, regulations and statutes governing business rules and operations.
Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4:30pm, some flexibility is possible
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the "Apply Online" button to start the application process. To apply for this position you will need to upload a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should specifically address the required qualifications listed below:
* 1 year experience in assisting with managing or coordinating a project.
* Knowledge of various uses of computer applications such as spreadsheets, databases, word processors, and web and wiki editors. The tools include Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, calendar tool, database query tools, web and wiki tools.
* General knowledge of office policies, practices, and procedures.
* Ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects simultaneously.
* Ability adapt and work with a shifting variety of priorities and assignments.
* Effective interpersonal skills and ability to establish positive interaction with a variety of people.
* Knowledge of effective customer service skills and the ability to provide accurate and efficient service to staff, users, campus personnel, the general public, and vendors.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Probationary Period will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Oct 8 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Oct 22 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time