IT Inventory Technician
Provides first and second level support to faculty, staff and students for all campus software and hardware issues by assisting in the day to day management of IT inventory intake, delivery, moves and upgrades of all KSU-tagged IT equipment including desktops, laptops, printers, tablets and phones.
- Troubleshoots basic computer, printer, and peripheral hardware problems
- Updates ticket and task progress in appropriate system(s)
- Maintain accurate inventory records of all IT inventory which is received, stored, deployed, and retired
- Performs computer, printer, tablet, monitor, and phone configuration and installations for all faculty, staff, and instructional spaces
- Migrate end user data to facilitate workstation upgrades and repairs
- Process and maintain weekly equipment surplus; adhere to DOAS procedure on removing university data
- Will adhere to a daily assigned deployment schedule and report to all in a timely fashion
- Maintains a neat and orderly working environment; files various IT inventory documents
- Basic PC operating systems configuration and troubleshooting
- Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, technology, organization, communication, and presentation
- Strong Attention to detail and strong organizational and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone etiquette
- Proficient with computer applications and programs (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution.