Water Station Sub-Foreman (99436)
Water Station Sub-Foreman
Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees at this level are experienced operators knowledgeable of several areas of the water station operation, including pest control, who assist in the supervision of Water Station Operators. They work under general supervision of a Water Station Foreman or other designated supervisor.
A Water Station Sub-Foreman typically:
- assists in the supervision of Water Station Operators when direct supervision is required
- supervises the operation, maintenance, and repair of water distribution system
- supervises and conducts pest control operations
- updates utility maps and drawings
- analyzes system malfunctions and unusual conditions
- identifies and orders materials, equipment, and parts
- inspects, tests, and chemically treats water treatment systems
- analyzes water consumption data
- locates, operates, and maintains water system valves
- performs related duties as assigned
This position is for current permanent University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign employees who are working in the Water Station promotional line.
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Three (3) years of work experience comparable to Water Station Operator
3. Certification as a Structural Pest Control Technician by the Illinois Department of Public Health in sub-categories applicable to work assignments of the position to be filled, as required by the Illinois Structural Pest Control Act
For more information about this classification:
Water Station Sub-Foreman positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $17.68 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Water Station Sub-Foreman. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Staff Human Resources
Category: 4-Crafts and Trades
Title: Water Station Sub-Foreman (99436)
Open Date: 07/09/2018
Close Date: 07/16/2018
Organization Name: Staff Human Resources Operations