Temperature Control Mechanic (99430)
Temperature Control Mechanic
Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees at this level perform skilled work involving the repair, maintenance, adjustment, and replacement of pneumatic, mechanical, and/or direct digital temperature control systems and equipment. They work under direct supervision from a designated supervisor.
A Temperature Control Mechanic typically:
- inspects and adjusts pneumatic/mechanical systems and equipment and/or computerized systems (such as fiber optics and direct digital temperature control systems)
- repairs, maintains, or overhauls temperature control devices (such as thermostats, relays, damper motors, pneumatic operated valves, small air compressors, fiber optics and direct digital control systems)
- diagnoses and remedies defects in temperature control systems
- assists in the preparation of estimates for projected overhaul, repair, or replacement of temperature control systems
- assists in the preparation of material orders for purchase of equipment or repair parts
- maintains records and prepares reports on repairs accomplished or devices requiring special attention
- may assign and direct the work of temperature control mechanic apprentices
- complies with accepted safety standards
- perform related duties as assigned
1. (A) certificate of completion of a pipetrades apprenticeship under a registered Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training program that included one year of experience in the area of pneumatic, mechanical, and/or direct digital control systems
(B) acceptance as a journeyman Temperature Control Mechanic by the local pipetrades industry as a result of having passed the examination used generally in the area AND five years of experience in the trade, including apprenticeship and/or applicable vocational training, that included one year experience in the area of pneumatic, mechanical, and/or direct digital control systems.
(C) five years of experience in pneumatic, mechanical, and/or direct digital control systems
For more information about this classification:
Temperature Control Mechanic positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (40 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $41.54 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Temperature Control Mechanic. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Staff Human Resources
Category: 4-Crafts and Trades
Title: Temperature Control Mechanic (99430)
Open Date: 07/09/2018
Close Date: 07/16/2018
Organization Name: Staff Human Resources Operations