Pipefitter/Refrigeration Mechanic Sub-Foreman (99412)
Pipefitter/Refrigeration Mechanic Sub-Foreman
Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees at this level perform skilled work recognized in the pipefitter trade and assist in the supervision of work for an assigned group of pipefitters, or other similar craft and trade personnel. They work under the direction of a designated supervisor.
A Pipefitter/Refrigeration Mechanic Sub-Foreman typically:
- assists the primary supervisor in the direction and assignment of work for pipefitters and other similar craft and trade personnel; provides training and instruction in various phases of the work performed, and operation of equipment and systems
- reviews and approves the requisition of materials/equipment by assigned employees; may tag and store material as necessary
- coordinates and arranges for utility outages
- performs duties specific to and normally required in the pipefitter trade and as outlined at the lower level of this series, including duties related to refrigeration equipment and systems, following recognized procedures and techniques for such work
- may act for primary supervisor during absences
- assists supervisor in his/her duties which may include:
- acquisition of tools, equipment, and supplies
- safety procedures
- inspection of work
- determining personnel matters (such as job progress, schedule changes, time sheet review, and work performance)
- performs other related duties as assigned
This posting is for current permanent University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign employees who are working in the Pipefitter promotional line.
1. (A) Certificate of completion of a Pipetrade apprenticeship under a registered Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training program AND two (2) years (24 months) of applicable experience.
(B) Experience sufficient to qualify as a journeyman Pipefitter, or other Pipetrade classification, with a minimum of seven (7) years (84 months) of actual work in the trade, which may have included apprenticeship and/or applicable vocational training. The trade for this purpose shall include work normally performed by Pipefitters, Pipefitter Welders, Refrigeration Mechanics, Temperature Control Mechanics, Sprinkler Fitters, and/or Oil Burner Mechanics.
For more information about this classification:
Pipefitter/Refrigeration Mechanic Sub-Foreman positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (40 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $44.04 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Pipefitter/Refrigeration Mechanic Sub-Foreman. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Staff Human Resources
Category: 4-Crafts and Trades
Title: Pipefitter/Refrigeration Mechanic Sub-Foreman (99412)
Open Date: 07/09/2018
Close Date: 07/16/2018
Organization Name: Staff Human Resources Operations