Painter Foreman (99408)
Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees at this level supervise the work of painter sub-foremen and/or painters. They work under general supervision from a designated supervisor.
A Painter Foreman typically:
- performs all duties normally required in the trade of painter, following recognized procedures and techniques for such work;
- plans, assigns, directs and supervises the work of painters and painter sub-foremen;
- acts as custodian of tools, equipment, and materials used on the job;
- verifies and approves material requisitioned by employees being supervised;
- participates in the management of personnel matters/activities such as selection and termination of employees, planning and conducting training programs, evaluating work performance, and approving time and leave requests;
- enforces safe working habits, including safe operation and handling of materials and equipment;
- maintains records;
This posting is for current permanent University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign employees who are working in the Painter promotional line.
1. high school graduation or equivalent;
2. successful completion of a recognized painter apprenticeship program or four (4) years of full-time journey-level painter experience;
3. five (5) additional years of full-time journey-level painter experience;
4. as required by position to be filled, current license/certification consistent with vehicles, machinery and equipment that is routinely used in the general occupational area
For more information about this classification:
Painter Foreman positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (40 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $37.29 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Painter Foreman. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Staff Human Resources
Category: 4-Crafts and Trades
Title: Painter Foreman (99408)
Open Date: 07/09/2018
Close Date: 07/16/2018
Organization Name: Staff Human Resources Operations