Mill Worker Foreman (99402)
Mill Worker Foreman
Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees at this level supervise the work of mill workers and other assigned personnel. They work under general supervision from a designated supervisor.
A Mill Worker Foreman typically:
- directs the work of assigned personnel
- verifies and approves material requisitioned by employees being supervised
- approves time cards
- maintains shop records
- assumes responsibility for issuance, security, and care of materials and tools
- diagnoses faults in machines and equipment; directs and supervises corrective measures
- performs duties peculiar to and normally required in the trade of mill worker, using recognized procedures and techniques for such work
- creates drawings for Mill Workers to perform work
- researches and provides estimates to obtain customer approval prior to issuance of work orders
- interacts with campus customers to provide suggestions and design ideas to meet their needs
- performs other related duties as assigned
This posting is for current permanent University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign employees who are working in the Mill Worker promotional line.
Nine years of experience in a woodworking mill or cabinet shop using hand and power woodworking machinery and tools and in the layout, milling, and assembly of products made from wood and related materials.
For more information about this classification:
Mill Worker Foreman positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (40 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $38.79 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Mill Worker Foreman. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from SHR-TESTING@mx.uillinois.edu and email@example.com.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Staff Human Resources
Category: 4-Crafts and Trades
Title: Mill Worker Foreman (99402)
Open Date: 07/09/2018
Close Date: 07/16/2018
Organization Name: Staff Human Resources Operations