Elevator Mechanic Foreman (99384)
Elevator Mechanic Foreman
Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees at this level are immediately responsible for the repair and maintenance of elevators and supervision of the shop personnel who maintain the elevators. They work under general supervision from a designated supervisor.
An Elevator Mechanic Foreman typically:
- supervises and/or provides skilled service in the repair and maintenance of elevators and similar equipment
- assists engineers in the preparation of estimates for repairs, remodeling, or replacement of elevator equipment and electric motors
- diagnoses defects in elevator equipment, brakes, motors, switches, and signal and control systems and related equipment
- maintains shop records/log books that detail all checks and repairs performed
- monitors tool and part inventories and the condition and maintenance of shops to ensure adequate working conditions
- supervises personnel who perform quality maintenance, service, and repair of elevators and similar equipment
- determines, schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment and skill of personnel
- monitors employees' work levels and reviews work performance
- compiles operational and personnel records, such as time and production records, inventory data, repair and maintenance statistics, and test results
- investigates accidents and injuries, and prepares reports of findings
- recommends or initiates personnel actions, such as hires, promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures
- develops, implements, and evaluates maintenance policies and procedures
- performs duties consistent with the lower level of this series
- performs other related duties as assigned
This posting is for current permanent University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign employees who are working in the Elevator Mechanic promotional line.
1. Experience sufficient to qualify as a journeyman elevator mechanic, with a minimum total of eight (8) years of training and experience in the trade which may have included apprenticeship and/or applicable vocational training. The trade for this purpose shall include work normally performed by Elevator Mechanic, Elevator Service Mechanic, Elevator Adjuster, Elevator Service Technician, Elevator Constructor, Elevator Repair and Maintenance Technician, Elevator Technician, Elevator Serviceman, Elevator Troubleshooter, Escalator Service Mechanic.
2. Must possess a current Elevator Mechanic's license from the Office of State Fire Marshall in accordance with the Elevator Safety and Regulation Act [225 ILCS 312 et.seq.]
For more information about this classification:
Elevator Mechanic Foreman positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (40 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $52.49 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Elevator Mechanic Foreman. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Staff Human Resources
Category: 4-Crafts and Trades
Title: Elevator Mechanic Foreman (99384)
Open Date: 07/09/2018
Close Date: 07/16/2018
Organization Name: Staff Human Resources Operations