Locksmith Sub-Foreman (99395)
Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Under general supervision from a Locksmith Foreman or other designated supervisor, performs more complex maintenance and repair of locks and related hardware, and assists in training and supervising other employees.
A Locksmith Sub-Foreman typically:
- repairs and maintains complex lock mechanisms and related hardware (such as changing safe combinations, repairing door pushbutton combinations, opening safes with unknown combinations, using acetylene welder to heat treat metals during repair)
- analyzes, diagnoses, and solves problems involving new or unfamiliar locks, shop equipment, and door closers
- substitutes for the Locksmith Foreman or designated supervisor in consulting with department heads and/or project engineers on security and setting up master keying systems (including grandmaster, submaster and individual key operations) on new or existing buildings
- maintains and adjusts key-cutting machines
- assists in the supervision and training of lower level employees
- performs other related duties as assigned
This posting is for current permanent University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign employees who are working in the Locksmith promotional line.
Six years of experience in the repair and maintenance of locks, door checks, and related hardware and in the making and duplication of keys, including apprenticeship and/or vocational training
For more information about this classification:
Locksmith Sub-Foreman positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (40 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $33.61 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Locksmith Sub-Foreman. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Staff Human Resources
Category: 4-Crafts and Trades
Title: Locksmith Sub-Foreman (99395)
Open Date: 07/09/2018
Close Date: 07/16/2018
Organization Name: Staff Human Resources Operations