Electrician Foreman (99381)
Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees at this level supervise and are immediately responsible for the work of Electricians and other assigned personnel.
An Electrician Foreman typically:
- performs all duties peculiar to and normally required in the lower levels of the electrician series, following recognized procedures and techniques for such work;
- supervises and trains staff,
- acts as custodian of tools, equipment, and material used on the job;
- performs other related duties as assigned.
This posting is for current permanent University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign employees who are working in the Electrician promotional line.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Experience sufficient to qualify as a journeyman electrician, with a minimum of nine years of actual work at the trade, including apprenticeship or vocational training. The trade for this purpose shall include work normally performed by Electricians i.e. installing, maintaining, and/or repairing electrical systems, generators, transformers, motors and other electrical/electronic controls, electrical switchboard and other apparatus utilizing electricity, electrical, electronic and direct digital control systems, fire and alarm systems, and associated electrical, electronic and fiber optic equipment.
For more information about this classification:
Electrician Foreman positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (40 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $44.17 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Electrician Foreman. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Staff Human Resources
Category: 4-Crafts and Trades
Title: Electrician Foreman (99381)
Open Date: 07/09/2018
Close Date: 07/16/2018
Organization Name: Staff Human Resources Operations