Crafts & Trades General Foreman (99366)
Crafts and Trades General Foreman
Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees at this level are responsible for the general supervision of the work of subordinate crafts and trades workers and other assigned personnel. They work under the direction of a supervisor who has been assigned overall responsibility for crafts and trades work.
A Crafts and Trades General Foreman typically:
- plans, coordinates, assigns, directs and/or supervises the work of subordinates within their assigned craft/trade, classification series, and other assigned personnel (extra help, outside vendors and contractors, etc.) through intermediate supervisors;
- performs administrative duties such as advising and assisting superintendents in the development of budgets, project management planning, and various HR functions (selection/hiring of employees, disciplining personnel, etc.);
- maintains records of work in progress and work completed; inspects progress of projects to ensure that work is developing according to agreed-upon schedules and/or institutional standards and conforms with any/all applicable plans, specifications, codes, and or occupational standards;
- develops reports regarding purchases, deliveries, maintenance, and expenditures;
- issues requisitions, work orders and prepares cost estimates as requested;
- performs other related duties as assigned.
This posting is for current permanent University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign employees who are working in the Carpenter, Electrician, Painter, or Plumber promotional line.
1. high school graduation or equivalent;
2. journey-level experience, with a minimum of nine (9) years of actual work in the trade, which may have included apprenticeship and/or applicable vocational training, two (2) of which must have been in a supervisory capacity;
3. as required by position to be filled, current license/certification consistent with vehicles, machinery and equipment that is routinely used in the general occupational area
For more information about this classification:
Crafts and Trades General Foreman positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (40 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $46.17 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Crafts and Trades General Foreman. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Staff Human Resources
Category: 4-Crafts and Trades
Title: Crafts & Trades General Foreman (99366)
Open Date: 07/09/2018
Close Date: 07/16/2018
Organization Name: Staff Human Resources Operations