Part-Time Police Communication Officer
Part-Time Police Communication Officer
Texas A&M University - Central Tx
Proposed Minimum Salary
Temporary/Casual Staff (Fixed Term)
**Please upload your resume and cover letter when applying.**
**Please list the names and phone numbers of at least 3 professional references on your resume and/or application.**
**This position will require all interested applicants to complete a 40 page Personal History Statement**
The Police Communications Officer I (PCO I), under supervision, handles routine and emergency radio, telephone, and 911 calls for service following special or written instructions for transmitting and routing calls.
The PCO I serves the community as a member of the Public Safety team trained and organized to serve as the link between emergency calls for assistance, and the first response teams that provide the needed assistance. The PCO I is responsible for receiving incoming calls/messages to include emergency and non-emergency calls and connecting them with appropriate internal or external emergency responders, personnel, or offices. The PCO I enters records of calls/messages for service and officer activity into the computer aided dispatch and records management system. Operates a Federal/State regulated computer system which accesses sensitive law enforcement records including driver's license, vehicle registration, and criminal warrant/history information.
- Receives incoming emergency/non-emergency telephone calls from the public and disseminates information via radio for all law enforcement, medical and emergency personnel.
- Maintains records and files through the use of data terminals for the National Crime Information Center/Texas Law Enforcement Telecommunications Systems, personal computers for the University Police Department (UPD) computer network, and any other computer systems and records as required.
- Monitors and responds to activation of a comprehensive closed circuit television and computer alarm security system, including 911 and medical emergency notification, and coordinates with all appropriate agencies and personnel.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Six months experience as a Police Department Communications Officer, law enforcement dispatch, or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Ability to comprehend technical aspects of communications equipment. Communication skills.
- Keyboarding skills.
Registrations, Certifications, and Licenses:
May require Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) certificate.
Work rotating shifts, evenings and holidays. Applicant must complete background investigation.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Texas A&M University-Central Texas was established in 2009 as a member of The Texas A&M University System, one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation. A&M-Central Texas is an upper-level institution, fully aligned with regional community colleges and offering quality bachelor's and master's degrees with an emphasis on access and affordability.
The student population at A&M-Central Texas is diverse and growing, with more than 2,600 students currently enrolled. To accommodate both full and part-time students, classes are offered on the main campus in Killeen, at off-site locations like Fort Hood and the East Williamson County Higher Education Center in Hutto, as well as fully online. The University serves the Central Texas region with a growing range of academic programs that foster excellence and achievement. For more information about A&M-Central Texas, visit www.tamuct.edu.
Texas A&M University-Central Texas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (254) 519-8610.
- TAMUCT Home Page
- HR Home Page
- Benefits Summary
- Commitment to Diversity
- Employment Opportunities
- HR Staff
- TAMUCT Mission, Vision and Values