IT Analyst/Programmer for HR/Payroll and Finance ERP
Functional Title IT Analyst/Programmer for HR/Payroll and Finance ERP
Position Type Staff
The Analyst/Programmer for HR/Payroll and Finance works with HR/Payroll and Finance functional staff, fellow HR/Payroll and Finance analyst/programmers in ITS, and other stakeholders to design, develop, test, and implement ERP solutions in an Ellucian Banner and associated applications environments. In this process the incumbent works with HR/Payroll and Finance business units to understand business requirements and implements applications to meet those needs in alignment with UNCG's strategic goals. Works within a variety of software development lifecycles and project management approaches to achieve goals.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or related discipline with 2 or more years of experience; or equivalent education and experience in an analyst/programmer-equivalent role required.
• Ability to analyze and effectively document business and technical requirements required.
• Experience with SQL required, preferably Oracle SQL.
• Experience with XML and HTML required.
• Experience with Java or similar object oriented language highly preferred.
• Experience with Java Script/jQuery highly preferred.
• Experience with data driven procedural programming language, preferably Oracle PL/SQL.
• Experience with Web Services and JSON preferred.
• Experience supporting Ellucian Banner HR/Payroll and/or Finance modules preferred.
• Experience working with Git version control system preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants have the option to provide the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of at least three (3) contacts to provide Letters of Recommendation, in the References section of the electronic application. These contacts will be solicited by the UNCGjobsearch system via email, and asked to provide a confidential Letter of Recommendation on behalf of the applicant. This will occur after the application is successfully submitted.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.
Recruitment Range Salary commensurate with experience
Org #-Department Information Technology Services - 23101
Job Open Date 10/08/2018
For Best Consideration Date 10/15/2018
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu