Working Title: Childcare Technician
Type of Employment: Staff
Department: Childhood Services
Division: Academic Affairs and Research
Location: Phillips County
Proposed Salary Range: $14,964
Position Summary: The Child Care Technician is responsible for directing instructional and recreational activities involving pre-school children. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
- Follow the A-State Handbook guidelines and A-State/ABC Dress Code.
- Responsible for assisting in daily paperwork including children's records, USDA, staff leave, meetings.
- Assist in completing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Responsible for assisting with the maintenance of a clear, concise, accurate, inventory of program materials and equipment which is updated monthly.
- Responsible for assisting with the labeling of materials and equipment.
- Conduct daily classroom duties/functions as expected.
- Assist in maintaining a health/safe environment for children and staff.
- Is responsible, in cooperation with other staff for the cleanliness of the facility.
- Attend weekly staff meeting and documents that meeting.
- Assist in assuring ABC rules and regulations as well as Quality Approval Standards and Licensing Regulations are met.
- Responsible for completing the number hours specified in the ABC rules and regulations of staff development annually.
- Maintain an open line of communication between all staff.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Assist in scheduling and conducting parent meetings and parent teacher conferences.
- Responsible for classroom support in the following areas: Daily lesson plans Minimum Licensing requirements Current ABC Rules and Regulations Work Sampling online COPA (Child Outcome Planning an Administration) ECERS-R (Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale) ITERS-R (Infant and Toddler Environment Rating Scale) SACERS ( School Age Childhood Environment Rating Scale)FCCERS-R (Family Child Care Environment Rating Scale) Ounce
- Other duties as assigned.
General Days/Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30 am-4:00 pm
Occasional evenings and weekends
Other: This position is located in Phillips County, Arkansas at the A-State Preschool.
Reports to Program Manager-Lead Teacher/Other Classroom Teacher.
Knowledge/Skills/Ability: Knowledge of teaching techniques and development of lesson plans.
Knowledge of child behavior.
Ability to maintain records and develop lesson plans.
Ability to teach, provide personal care, and direct recreational activities of pre-school children.
Ability to direct activities of day care personnel.
Minimum Qualifications: The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus six months of experience
in the care of children.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.