Digital Multimedia Online Learning Designer
Digital Multimedia Online Learning Designer
Position Number: 10044069
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Gainesville
Job Close Date: 08/24/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applictions for a Digital Multimedia Online Learning Designer. The Digital Multimedia Online Learning Designer will work with faculty and instructional to design and develop creative applications of digital and multimedia resources to enhance online teaching and learning. This person must have the ability to create vision and then transform that vision into engaging resources that enhance learning. Solutions must be comprehensive, creative and geared for graphics, video and multimedia production and individual must have ability to produce said solutions. In turn, they must also be able to improve the quality of existing course media on both a large and small scale.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Digital and Multimedia Online Learning Designer will:
- Work collaboratively with faculty and instructional staff designers to identify digital resources for newly designed and/or revised online courses.
- Identify requirements for multimedia technology necessary to produce and enhance web-based instruction including ensuring all materials are 508c compliant.
- Translate instructor concepts and contextual material into a wide range of online graphics, videos or other illustrative resources.
- Integrate visual and audio technology solutions as part of the course development process.
- Convert existing course materials to function optimally in the online environment.
- Maintain digital files for editing, storage and retrieval.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be proficient with Windows and Mac platforms. Video Editing Software: Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Compressor, Adobe Premiere Pro, Aftereffects.
- Must have knowledge on video and audio production (recording, editing, file compression). Image manipulation: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop. Experience with HTML editing tools: Dreamweaver; SoftChalk.
- Knowledge of Content Management System: Brightspace (D2L).
- Knowledge on Virtual Classrooms: Blackboard, Citrix, Adobe platforms.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Work with accuracy in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in media production, digital media, graphic design, art related field, or instructional technology, or equivalent experience of multiple years.
- Two years of experience, preferably in higher education. Demonstrated understanding of the use of media for instruction and media production
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. This position will require a background check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.