Fund Management Assistant
Montclair State is New Jersey's second largest university. It offers the advantages of a large university - a broad undergraduate curriculum with a global focus, a wide variety of superior graduate programs through the doctoral level, and a diverse faculty and student body - combined with a small college's attention to students.
Posting Date October 8, 2018
Position Title Fund Management Assistant
Vacancy # V-1561
Department MSU Foundation
Division University Advancement
The Foundation operates as a separately managed non-profit organization for the benefit of Montclair State University. In this capacity the Foundation manages the receipts of all contributions and related "funds" established for programs, scholarships, capital, and endowments which currently comprise close to 1,000 funds.
The Montclair State University Foundation is in need of an individual to manage these funds, including its scholarship management process, the management of its on-line reporting system, and communication with faculty and staff who oversee such funds and scholarships. In addition, this position will also be responsible for processing accounts payable by entering vendors and payables information into the Foundation's system. This position will be charged with the oversight of the data archiving system PaperSave which houses a variety of documents including gift agreements, wills, bequests, trusts, letters of intent, and other donor centric information, PaperSave provides a cost effective means for data storage and retrieval to a wide audience including, but not limited to, the Development, Alumni Relations, Annual Fund, and Donor Relations Departments of the Division. The position is responsible for maintaining the Foundation's scholarship management software, AwardSpring, by coordinating with the Donor Relations Department to effectuate donor stewardship. Lastly, the position will be responsible for assisting with fund audit management as well as providing related accounting support for month-end and year-end closings, as needed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working in a diverse environment, the Foundation Staff - Fund Management Assistant position will be primarily charged with the responsibility of working with the numerous funds administered by the Montclair State University Foundation including Scholarship, Program, Capital, and Endowment Funds. These funds have been created through donations received by the University Foundation for the benefit of Montclair State University and are disbursed under criteria established by donors for defined purposes.
The position requires interfacing with Foundation staff, other members of the Division at Montclair State University, and other University faculty/staff. In addition, this position will require oversight of the University Foundation On-line Reporting system, which is a technological platform designed to provide select campus faculty/staff with access to essential information for specific funds managed through the University Foundation.
This position will also involve best practices for electronic data storage and management and will also encompass accounts payable and gift processing support, as needed.
Specific duties will include:
• Maintenance of the University Foundation fund database, including entering and updating records including criteria, users and award amounts.
• Generating scholarship reports to defined users.
• Interface with the Montclair State University Financial Aid Office and academic departments during the selection and award of scholarships to University students.
• Assistance with accounts payable and gift processing for the receipt of donations and other related revenues.
• Maintenance of the University Foundation On-line Reporting system including the addition and deletion of campus users and engagement in the continual improvement of the system with Foundation staff and outside programming vendors.
• Management of data archiving platform of PaperSave to enable the electronic storage of essential data and records managed through the University Foundation including, but not limited to, scholarship award data, gift agreements, research data, and other vital information.
• Interface with the Donor Relations Department of Division for the effective and appropriate stewardship of donors and student scholarship recipients.
• Accounting support as needed for the fund audit protocol and other accounting related projects.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree
• This position requires an individual who can work in a team environment within the Department and across the campus in general.
• Excellent communication skills are essential, as is a strong attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, specifically in Excel is necessary.
• An Accounting degree is preferred.
• Minimum of two years non-profit experience preferred.
• Experience in working with the Blackbaud suite of software platforms, including Raisers Edge and Financial Edge is preferred.
Commensurate with experience
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Please create a profile and submit your cover letter, resume in one pdf. file to the following link; Apply here
Apply By Review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION