The Manager, Academic Affairs manages the day-to-day administration of faculty matters for the Miami Business School (MBS). This role performs a wide range of duties related to the recruitment, hiring, promotion and separation of faculty and adjunct faculty. The Manager supports the operational growth of the MBS through the successful recruitment of faculty and participation in national/local conferences, recruitment and outreach activities with the community.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Manages responsibilities related to the Miami Business School’s (MBS) operations and faculty affairs.
2. Assesses and develops recruitment plan in coordination with search committee chair for newly approved faculty positions and replacement positions.
3. Develops strategies to attract highly qualified candidates.
4. Manages recruitment advertising for positions as needed.
5. Represents MBS at job fairs to recruit new faculty and conferences.
6. Acts as a point of contact for prospective faculty candidates; responds to inquiries related to open faculty positions and determines disposition.
7. Coordinates communication with faculty candidates; monitors search committee online email box and responds appropriately. Communicates with faculty candidates by phone and email and coordinates all aspects of candidates campus visit, interviews, and travel with the appropriate business office.
8. Handles the reference check process for faculty candidates prior to hire.
9. Drafts offer, promotion, merit increase and teaching assignment letters.
10. Conducts and prepares analysis of faculty compensation for leadership consideration.
11. Coordinates relocation process for new faculty hires by contacting the appropriate business office for processing of the moving packet.
12. Builds a national network of passive candidates/contacts/resources.
13. Prepares and forwards promotion materials to UM Faculty Affairs office for further review.
14. Manages the contracting of adjunct faculty each semester.
15. Maintains a close working relationship with the Office of Faculty Affairs, staying abreast of policies and procedures to include the faculty manual.
16. Resolves issues related to faculty payroll.
17. Manages ongoing maintenance of faculty credentials to include required licensure for all faculty and adjunct faculty each semester.
18. Manages ongoing requests for student transcripts and grades.
19. Manages and maintains integrity of all rankings submissions to include Financial Times, all accreditation submissions to AACSB, and all associated rankings.
20. Completes special assignments requiring collecting, organizing and analyzing data to create reports, which can be used as a basis for decision-making.
21. Suggests strategic policies and changes to senior leaders to support the achievement of departmental organizational goals.
22. Supports the termination process for any faculty member including appropriate documentation and clearance.
23. Establishes and continuously assesses the effectiveness of the internal controls within the unit and compliance with University policies and procedures. Trains employees on controls within the function and on University policy and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
• Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
• Skill in collecting, organizing and analyzing data.
• Ability to lead, motivate, develop and train others.
• Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
• Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
• Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office). Apply online. Position #P00018006
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information-https://www.hr.miami.edu/careers/employment-laws-eo/index.html Come join us!]]>