University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of
higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior
medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to
attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of
transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our
values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion,
Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment
where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are
one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more
than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
Buyer is responsible for meeting end users (customer) supply needs and the execution of timely and cost effective purchases for the organization. Focus of this role will be timely processing of requisitions and orders while providing excellent customer service. Senior Buyer will have good communication skill and broad based product knowledge.
The Buyer will have authority to place orders and confirm price structures within the spending limits assigned by the Director of Purchasing and in compliance with Finance Division guidelines. This amount will be $0.00 dollars to a maximum of $50,000.
The processing of routine orders will include
- Review and authorization of purchase orders to insure compliance with active contracts.
- Researches and recommend products to end users consistency looking to maximize current / active in-place contracts.
- The establishment of regular, standing, blanket orders as maybe required
- Assure orders have proper authorization, account numbers, price, product /service description, delivery instructions and other terms and conditions
- Routine communications with suppliers to validate information and finalize a business transaction (price, delivery, contract terms and conditions).
- Evaluate departmental requests for contacted items, substitutions or referral to Sourcing.
- Communication with Sourcing for adjustments to the contracts
- Working with other Supply Chain sections, update data bases to correct information as required
- Recommend to Sourcing, Accounts Payable, and Value Analysis, improvements to be pursued with suppliers to create more EDI connectivity and automated transactions
Buyer will act as a knowledgeable resource to support customers (clinical and administrative staff) with respect to product and contract information. Buyer will be responsible for maintaining current knowledge of product changes/conversion, implementation details and ongoing contract processes for those portfolios assigned.
Buyer will act as a knowledge resource to support Assistant Buyers with regard to the management of price discrepancies, and the appropriate selection of order placement structures (p.o.’s, P-cards, Ghost Cards, and Product Return processes).Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Senior Buyer determine most appropriate method of order placement.
- Process customer orders that are sent to Supply Chain.
- Confirm that any and all orders processed are submitted to vendors without error.
- Maintains proficiency in the use order management tools and requisition systems.
- Assist customers with questions and concerns. Employee will be able to conduct remote end-user training when requested.
- Answer phone calls from customers and suppliers ensuring the utmost customer services are provided to each and every individual.
- Process supplier confirmations that are sent to Supply Chain via electronic means.
- Address customer issues and concerns the received via e-mail and/or phone call effectively and efficiently.
- Address customer receiving/distribution order issues utilizing appropriate databases by calling the supplier and/or utilizing other shipping carriers databases (i.e. UPS, FED-EX).
- Cleanse customer special purchase order requests by verifying if the item requested is in the Supply Chain data base system.
- Process rush orders for customers in a timely manner taking into consideration the nature of the rush request.
- Working with Logistics, process and/or coordinate returns as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Product Knowledge, Problem Solving, Listening, Documentation Skills, Time management, Phone Skills, Multi-tasking. Strong oral and written business communication skills required (e-mails skill essential).Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- Bachelor degree
Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
Two (2) years relevant experienceApply online. Position # P100021391
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>