Part-Time Admissions Advisor
Correspond with prospective undergraduate students and their families in person, by telephone, web, social media, and email.
Part-Time Admissions Advisor
Posting Number: 20110726
Job Category: Staff
Job Description Summary:
The part-time Niles Admissions Advisor serves as a customer service representative in the Student Service Center, a one-stop shop for both new and current students seeking basic information on admissions, financial aid, and other student services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assess the placement testing needs of incoming and returning students and place students into classes accordingly.
Coach students and their families on different ways to pay for college including grants, scholarships, federal student loans, and payment plans.
Advise and register students for their first and second semester of classes and certificate programs.
Utilize Banner Student Information System and other various software systems to enter overrides, collect and analyze data, and perform other key operations.
Provide excellent customer service to all visitors in the Student Service Center: answering questions from students and guests, helping students with paperwork, and teaching students how to use SMC resources.
Participate in student retention efforts, including but not limited to: workshops, phone calls, mentoring sessions, classroom visits, etc.
Spearhead projects involved in advising and catalog changes: create advising guides, proof-read and edit important college resources, and produce other necessary advising tools as needed.
Refer qualifying students appropriately to resources and programs (both on and off-campus) which may aide in their retention, development, and graduation.
Represent Southwestern Michigan College in a professional and mature way during all interactions with students, faculty, staff, and the general public. This representation includes, but is not limited to: meetings, events, face-to-face encounters as well as dialogue and commentary via phone, email, and social media.
Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of the Niles Campus or designee.
• Associate’s required
• A minimum of one year of customer service experience or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of this position.
• Position may require evenings and Saturday hours as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Banner Student Information System, various software systems, and other technology devices.
• Regulations of confidentiality as outlined by FERPA.
• Working with students from a diverse group of backgrounds.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with coworkers.
• Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard as well as seeing to read and review materials for accuracy.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information with students, staff and public.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, visit https://swmich.peopleadmin.com/postings/2505
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University