Recruitment and Outreach Counselor MCCC/MTA Unit Professional - full-time, 12-month
Recruitment and Outreach Counselor MCCC/MTA Unit Professional - full-time, 12-month
About Greenfield Community College:
INTERNAL CANDIDATES ARE URGED TO AVOID USING THEIR COLLEGE EMAIL ADDRESS WHEN APPLYING FOR OTHER GCC POSITIONS.
Greenfield Community College is located in the beautiful and historic Pioneer Valley of western Massachusetts, between the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains and the fertile farmland of the Connecticut River watershed. GCC is a public community college serving over 4,800 people annually in credit courses and credit-free workshops. Known for the caring and supportive attitude of the faculty and staff, and for the broad support it enjoys from the surrounding community, the college is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. In addition to a strong Liberal Arts focus, the College offers a wide variety of innovative and successful programs including Gender and Women's Studies, Fine Arts, Nursing, Renewable Energy, and Outdoor Leadership, as well as varied learning environments, from traditional classrooms, to distance learning, peer tutoring, one-on-one faculty-student advising, workforce development, and learning communities that cater to specific needs and interests. Close to fifty percent of Greenfield Community College students transfer to four-year colleges, and it is Smith College's largest source of community college transfer students. Much of the College has undergone a multi-million dollar renovation that incorporates universal design principles to meet the needs of all our students. Greenfield Community College actively encourages and provides opportunities for leadership and professional development.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF ROLE:
Greenfield Community College seeks a high energy and entrepreneurial recruiter with a sales mindset and who embraces the mission of community college. The Recruiter has primary responsibility for increasing the enrollment of students on the main campus, satellite locations, and online. This individual is an integral part of the campus community and ambassador to the broader community. S/he must be a self-starter who can build relationships in the community, providing resources and support to individuals and families, balancing connection and autonomy, confidence and compassion.
The chosen candidate will be a persuasive individual who can articulate our mission and value proposition to students seeking a traditional liberal arts or professional education, job training, alternative education, and leisure courses. S/he must feel comfortable working with audiences of diverse identities, backgrounds, and lived experiences. S/he will demonstrate a deep appreciation for the breadth of students attending the College and commitment to meet students where they are. The recruiter must also have exceptional communication skills reflecting clarity, empathy and attention to details.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Assists in the management and coordination of community workshops and other recruitment efforts; arranges visits and tours for prospective students and parents;
- Generates leads, converts prospects to students, and achieves enrollment goals;
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of various recruitment programs and marketing strategies for territorial or local on-site admission programs and special events relating to targeted freshman, transfer, or under-represented groups in the fulfillment of recruitment efforts;
- Works with colleagues across various departments, incorporates career and academic counseling as part of recruitment of potential students utilizing specific knowledge of the College's educational programs, degrees, and other offerings;
- Under the supervision of the departmental Dean, develops and maintains partnerships between the College, social service agencies, employers, and local school systems throughout the assigned territory;
- Implements and monitors the College's prospective student communication plan, using multi-channel communications that align with set targets according to demographic, program of interest, region, etc.
- Working with the departmental Dean, develops and monitors statistical reports to enhance and evaluate recruitment strategies;
- Provides accurate information pertaining to the enrollment process including enrollment procedures, admissions criteria, specific curriculum requirements, stackable pathways, and transition from workforce or non-matriculating to matriculating academic programs;
- Monitors recruitment initiatives and develops accurate applicant and inquiry reports on a regular basis to determine recruitment program effectiveness;
- Assists with the organization of on-campus event such as open houses, prospective student information programs, orientation programs, career days, conferences, and campus tours;
- Recruits students for academic programs including planning, implementing, and participating in recruitment activities and providing information on college opportunities and admission procedures/activities for prospective students;
- Collaborates with various community-based agencies, employers, and other program representatives to increase community outreach and to raise awareness of services and programs offered at GCC;
- Collaborates with Community Education and Workforce Development to identify opportunities for student transition from non-credit to credit offerings;
- Assists in developing, coordinating, and implementing marketing plans, objectives, and strategies for recruitment of traditional and non-traditional students;
- Periodically works evenings and weekends in support of College enrollment activities;
- Provides campus tours to prospective students and families;
- Performs administrative tasks in support of admissions and enrollment goals including utilizing data to inform and enhance recruitment and admission strategies and activities;
- Serves on departmental, divisional, and campus-wide committees as a collaborative member of the GCC community in support of student success and campus governance;
- Effectively works with educators across the College, the general public, and the community to assess and respond to their needs;
- Encourages professional excellence among the staff and promotes an organizational culture of customer service, innovation, and quality services; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Counseling, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Sociology, Liberal Arts, or closely related field;
- Two (2) years' experience and/or training involving public education, college admissions, academic advisement, or customer service; or
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND APTITUDES:
- Ability to find creative solutions for chronic and long-term issues;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Ability to lift up to 30-40 lbs;
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite;
- Knowledge of and skill with database management and desktop publishing;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work;
- Ability to work with and exhibit sensitivity to an understanding of the varied racial, ethnic, cultural, sexual orientation, academic, socio-economic, and disabled populations of community college students; and
- Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle to conduct work.
- Professional or native fluency in Spanish;
- Experience with Banner software system;
- Familiarity with the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) module in Banner or other software programs;
- Demonstrable expertise using social media;
- Proven ability to be flexible and to accommodate changes in scheduling during busy registration periods;
- Has access to reliable transportation source to conduct work activities within the region;
- Experience working with a diverse student population; and
- A commitment to cultural diversity.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
RANK AND SALARY: Grade 3. Salary range is $44,852-$56,000. The appointment salary is based on one's education and experience as dictated in the collective bargaining agreement classification compensation structure. Candidates are therefore advised that it is unlikely the offered salary will be at or near the top of the range.
START DATE: November 2018
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a Greenfield Community College account by clicking on the APPLY NOW tab below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for 5 professional references
When preparing your cover letter and resume, please refer to the minimum and preferred qualifications and, if applicable, include an equivalency statement.
Applications accepted up to and including October 19, 2018.
Applications received after October 19, 2018 MAY be considered until the position is filled.
Successful completion of a CORI check WILL be required as a condition of employment. Official copies of all academic transcripts will be required at the time of hire.
See the FAQs for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Already have a Greenfield Community College Employment Account? Login to your account to add documents or update your account.
*Greenfield Community College is proud to value diversity in our community of faculty, staff and students and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.*
ACCREDITED BY THE NEW ENGLAND ASSOCIATION OF SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES
To apply, please visit https://gcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=103121
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency