Postdoctoral Research Associate, Biology
The Department of Biological Sciences invites application for a one-year postdoctoral research associate in the Asensio lab beginning as soon as possible, with potential for annual renewal subject to performance evaluation and availability of funding.
The Department of Biological Sciences invites application for a one-year postdoctoral research associate position in the Asensio lab with potential annual renewal subject to performance evaluation and availability of funding.
- Involved in investigating the mechanisms controlling the formation of neuro-endocrine secretory granules.
- Responsible for assigned lab duties, supervising undergraduate and graduate students.
- Detailed goals are specified in funded research proposals.
- A PhD in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Endocrinology, Biochemistry, Neuroscience, or related discipline is required.
- Highly motivated and productive candidates should have rigorous training in molecular and cell biology with experience in mammalian cell culture and fluorescence microscopy.
- Successful candidates must be committed to or have experience working with diverse student and community populations.
Experience with mammalian neuroendocrine cells and pancreatic islets.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) December 1, 2018
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- C.V. (including a list of publications)
- Names of three references
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law are not taken into account in any employment decision.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.