Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Student Services
Under the direction of the Vice President of Student Services, this position manages office workload and provides administrative assistance which requires the use of independent judgment and discretion in order to support the unit goals and interests. The executive assistant shall be responsible to the Vice President and shall contribute to the achievement of the Student Service annual goals and student success action plan by providing administrative assistance as well as communicative and public relations skills. Due to the potential of sensitive issues handled by the office, this position provides direct confidential support.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a courteous professional manner and friendly communication with the public, students, faculty, staff, and administration consistent with the expectation of the Vice President's office.
- Exercising discretion and sound judgment in prioritizing information and requests received by the Vice President's office including: directing requests to the appropriate college personnel or offices, handling requests in a timely and professional manner, following up with requestor, and tracking requests in a reasonable manner.
- Composing selected letters, memorandums, and preparing reports and surveys for the Vice President's initiatives including; take, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings as assigned and proofread and edit all Student Services documents.
- Assisting the Vice President with the preparation of regular meetings by collecting and compiling routine agenda items, preparing them in draft format, and submitting them to the Vice President for approval.
- Coordinating and tracking student incident reports for student conduct.
- Assisting with budget development, monitoring budgets for the Vice President's office and preparing various forms for purchasing, inventory, reimbursement, employee leave and travel.
- Overseeing and maintaining Student Service policy review process. Notify specific area(s) of due dates for distribution to appropriate committees for review and final document presentation at IE.
- Participating as a working member and/or note taker of all committee's chaired by the Vice President or others as determined by the Vice President.
- Coordinating development and maintain updates of the Student Service web and intranet pages in collaboration with Student Service leaders.
- Coordinating the Outstanding Student of Centralia College selection process.
- Identifying and distributing information to faculty, staff and students regarding registered sex and kidnapping offenders attending Centralia College on a quarterly basis.
- Receiving and screening incoming calls to the Vice President's office, referring those calls, which do not require the Vice President's attention to the proper department, and dispense routine information as appropriate.
- Maintaining Vice President's appointment calendar and keep the Vice President informed of commitments and deadlines.
- Compiling yearly performance review reports and track Student Services performance review due dates.
- Developing and implementing imaging system and work with staff to transfer files from paper to electronic files.
- Maintaining records retention and prepare records inventory, disposition authorization, and transfer schedule in compliance with RCW 40.10.010.
- Assisting the Vice President to develop and coordinate special events hosted by Student Services.
- Performing other duties as deemed necessary and assigned by the Vice President.
- Associate Degree AND 3 years experience; OR 5 years administrative assistant experience at an executive level; OR equivalent education and experience;
- Exceptional computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a variety of people and values diversity
- Awareness of own cultural values and biases