Office Assistant 3 (CC East, Morton)
This position will assist with the daily operation of Centralia College East. This person will exercise independent judgment interpreting and applying the policies and procedures of Centralia College, as well as procedures specific to CC East. The OA3 will provide information to students, staff, faculty, and the public regarding college programs, and will provide support to the Program Manager by performing a variety of complex clerical projects and assignments in support of CC East's comprehensive satellite program. Duties will include work direction to lower level staff and assist training new staff.
- Provide front desk assistance and support to students/faculty/staff/general public; resolve problems and respond to inquiries regarding college programs, services, policies and regulations;
- Provide back-up staffing when the Dean and/or Program Manager are absent;
- Process registrations in the Student Management System and track enrollments through Data Express reports; review documents, records, or applications for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with rules;
- Schedule placement testing and advising appointments; proctor tests including college placement, GED, and other educational institution tests as needed;
- Assist with bookstore sales and collection of tuition payments; preparation of daily balance reports and Cashiering (input transactions into the Financial Management System); prepare and make bank deposits as needed;
- Assist with training, scheduling and oversight of student workers, including delegating appropriate assignments; assist with the processing of monthly timesheets; submit annual requests for student works;
- Administer and maintain tests, records and files including CASAS intake and testing for BEdA and ELL students; track progress through pre and post testing; work with instructors to provide testing oversight and support;
- Provide clerical support for faculty and staff using current Microsoft applications;
- Coordinate and trouble-shoot interactive video coursework logistics at CCEast; communicate with ITV instructors; proctor ITV tests as needed;
- Develop room rental agreements for classes meeting in facilities outside of CCEast; generate invoices and coordinate payment;
- Maintain inventories of consumable supplies (office and custodial) and assist with ordering as needed; prepare purchase requests, petty cash forms, prior approval forms, travel reimbursement forms and other fiscal reporting paperwork as needed;
- Coordinate the collection of the quarterly faculty schedules and course syllabi; submit completed syllabi to the Dean; upload approved syllabi to the "mycc" intranet;
- Provide leadership and oversight for the annual summer musical, including assistance with fundraising efforts, tracking the budget, coordinating publicity, and maintaining mailing lists; maintain and strengthen the partnership with Fire Mountain Arts Council;
- Assist the Dean with the development and proofing of the department quarterly class schedules, gathering and inputting data, checking for accuracy and completeness;
- Assist with the development of flyers and other social media materials as needed;
- Assist in devising unit standards/procedures to ensure adherence to policies regarding tasks such as budgeting, purchasing, and contract administration;
- Open or close CC East;
- Perform related duties as requested.
- Positions typically require high school graduation or equivalent and two years of clerical or comparable experience;
- Detail Oriented;
- Ability to manage multiple projects, effectively leveraging resources and meeting deadlines;
- Good customer service and leadership skills or potential.
- Bilingual especially in Spanish and English;
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a variety of people;
- Value diversity and have an awareness of own cultural values and biases.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Centralia College;
- Desire to actively engage in an open, collaborative work environment;