Assistant Director of Employer Relations
Assistant Director of Employer Relations, University Career Services – Requisition # 180000016H
This position will initiate, expand, and mature relationships with members of the employer community to provide students with opportunities to develop professional skills, integrate academic learning with work, and find employment. This position will also contribute to the career readiness of students by enhancing their job search skills and capacity to express the relevance of their strengths to employers by leveraging and interpreting workforce insights through a diverse programming mix. This position will provide comprehensive services and information resources that enable students to take active responsibility for their career decisions and job search, especially as it relates to exploring industries and individual employers.
- Strategically identify and build relationships with local, state, regional, national, and international employers for recruitment of University students and alumni
- Consulting with employers to develop marketing strategies to enhance employer presence on campus, which includes, but not limited to: campus recruitment, job postings, internships, career fairs, class/organization presentations, and resume searches
- Facilitating relationships between employers and the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga community, including students, faculty, staff, Alumni Association, Foundation, etc.
- Developing marketing materials, in conjunction with other UTC colleagues, to include the composition of content and coordination & timing of communications to employers
- Leading the development and implementation of an employer advisory board
- Active participation in various local, state, regional, and national organizations such as Chambers of Commerce, Societies of Human Resource Management, National Association of Colleges and Employers, alumni chapters, etc. representing University Career Services and, at times, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
- Compiling and reporting data on employer relations activities including the assessment of employer relations efforts and consultative feedback related to the effectiveness of such efforts
- Eager participation in career development programs coordinated by University Career Services, including, but not limited to, workshops, employer seminars, meetings within and outside of University Career Services, and other special projects developed to advance the mission of the University
- Must be able to work non-traditional work hours including evenings. Travel is necessary with occasional overnight stays.
Bachelor’s degree in Management, Human Resources, Public Administration, or closely related discipline is required; Master’s degree in College Student Affairs, Education, Business or Public Administration is preferred. Two years of professional experience is required. Two years of corporate/industry work experience or university career services environment is preferred. Demonstrated professional experience gained in business development, staffing, or civic government (Workforce Development or para-organizations, e.g., Chamber of Commerce) environments is preferred. Experience with college recruiting from a higher education or a business perspective is preferred. Must have a professional demeanor with exceptional organization; excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to exercise independent judgement and decision making; ability to multi-task and demonstrate exceptional time management skills; exhibit a motivated and enthusiastic work style; confident working in an independent manner. Experience with marketing, negotiation, and strategic planning is preferred; familiarity/experience with integrating technology (specifically, Handshake) into relationship building and documenting effort is preferred.
Applications must be sent electronically to: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_chattanooga/jobdetail.ftl?job=180000016H
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.