Purchasing Asst/Travel Coordinator
8AM - 5PM
$47,001 - $67,401
Independently responsible for managing all purchasing, travel and entertainment activities of a fast-paced academic department. Responsible for managing equipment repair and maintenance contracts, ensuring compliance with appropriate policies, guidelines and procedures. Research best sources from contract and non-contract vendors, ensuring the best price, quality, availability, and delivery combination possible. Maintaining accurate records and timely submissions to allow for prompt vendor payment. Procurement Cardholder for department. Maintains procard purchase log, verifies billing and keeps approporiate docmentation on file. Responsible for preparing all travel reimbursements, ePay reimbursements and entertainment requests according to UC policies & procedures. Main office contact for various campus services such as Fleet, Bookstore, Storehouse, Teleccommunications and Physical Plant.
Demonstrated knowledge of purchasing policies and procedures
Demonstrated excellent communication skills both written and oral
Proficient using personal computers, web browsers and email. Proficient use of software such as Microsoft Office
Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
Ability to interpret, apply and explain policies, procedures, rules and regulations related to purchasing and travel
Bachelors degree in related area or five (5) years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
Experience working for an institution of higher education
Experience in using the campus on-line purchasing systems
Demonstrated knowlege of UC travel and entertainment policies and procedures
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview