Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Physical Therapy Program
Professional Research Assistant (PRA)
Position #748160 - Requisition 13854
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado public institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer 119 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is well known for its distinctive and highly productive research programs, its world-class health facilities at the Anschutz Medical Campus and its well-established partnerships in business, industry and government. These campuses currently have over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at our Anschutz Medical Campus, a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver. Denver is one of America's most vibrant urban centers and the downtown campus, located just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District, affords our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physical Therapy Program currently seeks a full-time Professional Research Assistant (PRA). The PRA will support study investigators and the rehabilitation clinical trials which focus on improving outcomes for older adult populations, including people with chronic disability, complex medical conditions, and/or total joint replacement. Duties and Responsibilities.
The PRA will recruit participants, schedule testing sessions, oversee testing in a motion analysis laboratory, and lead computerized data processing and database management for a motion analysis research laboratory, and assist with general study management.
Study Management Role (approx. 75%)
The PRA will:
- assist the study investigator with managing the day-to-day activities of the clinical gait analysis studies including data collection and research records maintenance. He/she will maintain local site documentation and records for the study investigator and create and maintain appropriate tracking and filing systems for the study.
- complete and maintains all study-related records for each participant including consent forms, source document worksheets within the overall data management system. Develop appropriate processes of maintaining and updating gait analysis study records and files as needed to comply with the research protocol. Independently respond to general inquiries from study participants, staff, regulatory agencies and divisions. Independently draft correspondence and communications including memos, emails and reports as requested by the study investigator.
- assist with scheduling meetings, including arranging for space, notifying participants, preparing agendas and minutes and following up on all commitments to ensure that necessary arrangements have been made. Prepare documents for the study investigator including those of a confidential and/or technical nature.
- secure, assemble, and summarize information from gait analysis files, documents in the office, or other available sources for use by the staff. Organize the information, develop reports, and highlight the most important portions for the staff. Inputs data into a number of electronic databases and data processing software which might include: Visual3D, Vicon, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, WORD, PowerPoint, Access, REDCap and other databases. The PRA is expected to extract data to prepare reports, sort and summarize data elements, manipulate the data by performing statistical queries that are pre-programmed or are built within lab software.
- Manage implementation, control, and reporting on participant gait laboratory research tests. Assist the research team with gait lab testing. Maintain records and prepare project administrative and statistical reports as needed. Draft and maintain all documentation required for the outcome measurement for of the studies.
Study Recruitment and Enrollment Role (approx. 25%)
The PRA will:
- assist with all local site activities related to coordination of enrollment. Schedule participant visits, including structured interviews and health assessments. Prepare and maintains all program documentation related to enrollment, per protocol. Independently handle the enrollment process, relying on study investigator only to consent patients and for unique situations. Interact directly with research participants, serving as their first point of contact for questions and inquiries related to the study.
- perform enrollment duties that will include a discussion of the consent process including an overview of the research study and its risks and benefits. Health assessments may also be conducted.
Performs other duties as required.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- BA, BS degree (or greater) required
- At least 1 year of experience with motion capture or gait analysis with human subjects
Preferred Qualifications Degrees
- Previous experience with motion capture or gait analysis testing
- Project management experience preferred
- Experience with gait analysis software (e.g. Visual3D) preferred
- Database management applications (e.g. REDcap) preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and make reasoned decisions
- Must be team-oriented, flexible and self-motivated
- Ability to coordinate and supervise students and staff
- Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants:REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. 3). List of 3-5 professional references.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20884 - SOM-RM Physical Therapy
Posting Date: Jun 8, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Estelle Brock
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00748160