Manager, Student Accounts
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
• Students Matter
• Inspire Excellence
• Act Intentionally
• Better Together
• No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-System Office
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
This position is located at the LSC-System Office at 5000 Research Forest Drive. The Woodlands, Texas 77381.
The Manager, Student Accounts is responsible for managing the daily activities and some long-term functions of the LSC Student Financials & Accounts Receivable office. Serves as key resource for ensuring compliance of state waivers and exemptions. Works with Financial Aid Accounting Manager to ensure compliance with federal and state financial aid regulations as they apply to student finance. Works closely with the Treasury Department for all non-student billing
- Supervises day-to-day operations of System Office student accounts and accounts receivable accounting staff, including hiring, training and evaluating assigned employees
- Ensures departmental compliance with all applicable internal and external rules, regulations and guidelines, as well as with LSC policies and procedures (state education codes, THECB rules, financial aid regulations...etc.)
- Works closely with Student Financials & Accounts Receivable (SF/AR) Executive Director to establish and implement appropriate policies, procedures, and best practices for student accounting and accounts receivable functions. Continuously works with staff to make processes more efficient
- Acts as liaison with Business Office staff to research and resolve student issues and provide training and guidance on PeopleSoft Campus Solutions student financial system functionality
- Oversees the billing and collection of all student and non-student related receivables
- Creates, analyzes, and utilizes a variety of detailed reports. Uses data-driven information in decision-making and to provide informed updates as needed
- Reviews, reconciles, oversees, and/or approves a variety of Accounting functions, accounts, reconciliations, reports, entries...etc.
- Oversees all student account-related refunding and the 1098-T generation process. Serves as key resource for IRS guidelines relating to 1098-T forms
- Assists SF/AR Executive Director with a variety of functions, including but not limited to creation and management of all item types, audit requests, student and sponsored billing processes, collection processes, and managing TouchNet product suite from functional end.
- Develops and posts communications to students (via website or portal) regarding important information affecting their student accounts
- Develops collection communications for non-student receivables
- Creates and reviews various audit schedules
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to analyze data, interpret detailed information, and convert to knowledge-based reports and recommendations
- Broad knowledge of federal and state regulations and general accounting principles, practices and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong initiative and analytical skills
- Knowledge of PC's and related software (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access)
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Ability to pay attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to accurately resolve problems of critical importance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to maintain a high degree of judgment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to promote diversity and maintain a positive attitude in demanding work environment
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field and at least 5 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in governmental accounting
- Three years of managerial experience in student accounting or a related area
- Experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions Student Financial system
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College to Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities, sabbatical opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-The Woodlands
Work Locations: 5000 Research Forest Drive (0000) , 5000 Research Forrest Drive , Houston , 77381
Organization: System Office - 00
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Oct 5, 2018, 6:40:43 PM