TNPRC - Facilities/Maintenance
Location: Covington, LA
This position will assist with checking and servicing building steam supply valves, air condition equipment, ventilation fans, and other mechanical equipment during assigned shift. Assist in performing routing chemical test on various steam and water systems as prescribed and add chemicals as necessary. Assist with equipment maintenance. Keep accurate records and report any equipment malfunctions/problems. Respond to emergencies and perform related duties as assigned or as become apparent. All duties will be performed under the direct supervision of an assigned Licensed Engineer.
This is an essential personnel position. If you are required to work during a closure, you must provide accurate and current contact information and are responsible for maintaining communication with TNPRC. Failure to report to work when requested by supervisor or manager will result in disciplinary action as outlined by the staff handbook.
The TNPRC maintains Biosafety Level 3 facilities and performs worn on diverse infections agents many of with can cause serious disease in humans if standard operating procedures, including use of appropriate personal protective equipment, are not followed. Depending on agent specific risk assessments, individuals may be offered, or in some cases required to have, vaccinations against the relevant agents.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year related work experience, training, or technical education
- Must have a valid and unrestricted (not including corrective lens needs) U.S. Driver's license and must meet the Tulane University Motor Vehicle Policy criteria to become authorized as a driver
- Ability to obtain OEHS certification for N-95 and SCBA upon employment per OEHS and OSHA regulation section 1910.134.(g)(1)(i) subtitle 1910.134(g)(1)(:)(A), and 1910.134(g)(1)(:)(B) required; ability to maintain SCBA and N-95 certification required
- This position is assigned to work in BSL3 containment areas and there are additional minimum requirements including some or all of the following:
- Must pass a US Department of Justice Security Risk Assessment for access to select biological agents and toxins
- Must participate in drug and alcohol program and be incompliance with TNPRC drug and alcohol policy
- Trade school/college preferred
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.