The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 12,400 undergraduate and 1,800 graduate students. UCCS is among the fastest growing universities in the state and is consistently ranked as one of the top Western regional universities by U.S. News & World Report. Colorado Springs, (pop. 400K+) is situated at the base of Pikes Peak, offers many recreational and cultural activities and was recently ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top Best Places to Live in the U.S.: http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com.
The Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences (Beth-El) at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs invites applications for a Medical Receptionist. This position is responsible for front office clinical activities that include: scheduling patient appointments, answering the telephone, providing responsive customer service, collecting co-payments, following billing and collection procedures, and maintaining/verifying patient demographic information in the EHR (electronic health record) including current active insurance and collecting and entering office visit transactions.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Answers phone and schedules appointments after triaging needs of patients for all Beth-El clinics (Primary Care Clinic, Peak Nutrition Clinic, and Center for Active Living)
- Provides excellent customer service and maintains positive interactions with clients
- Updates waiting clients on the status of their appointment if they are waiting past their appointed time
- Works with clinical team to triage walk-in requests for appointments
- Communicates with insurance broker, third party administrator, and insurance carrier as questions and issues arise
- Collects co-payments and completes daily cash up form
- Enters payments into medical billing system daily
- Assists office manager with marketing efforts when appropriate
- Maintains up-to-date clinic forms
- Responsible for entering written documentation related to patient care that is completed during the check-in process
- Assists patients and providers with medical record requests and responsible for sending requested documents to other facilities with appropriately completed request
- Assists with customer service initiatives within clinic to include distribution of survey and assistance with analysis of those surveys
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, SKills and Abilities:
- Excellent organization, customer service, and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments
- Ability to create Word documents
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to triage acute care versus routine care visits
- Complies with all applicable patient privacy requirements and maintains patient confidentiality at all times
This position has been determined to be eligible for overtime (non-exempt) under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Salary Range: $33,000.00 - $36,000.00
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- High School diploma or GED
- 1-year computer experience with Microsoft Office
- 1-year experience in customer service
- 1-year experience with basic financial transactions
- EMR experience
- Experience with medical billing/coding
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary clinic
Special Instructions to Applicants:Position is open until filled. Applications submitted by 10/19/18 will receive full consideration. Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or [email protected] Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:In order for an application to be considered, applicants must label each required attachment with the relevant title, attach the required documents for this position announcement to the submission and check the Job Specific Attachments box next to each document in the submission. When applying, applicants must include: cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and qualifications and a current resume.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40082 - Beth-El Grad Nursing
Posting Date: Oct 5, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Emily Drapeau
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00754825