Business Administrator for the Center for Diabetes Technology and THRIV
Working Title: Business Administrator for the Center for Diabetes Technology and THRIV
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Center for Diabetes Technology
Posting Date: 10-05-2018
The Center for Diabetes Technology (CDT) and the Translational Health Research Institute of Virginia (THRIV) at the University of Virginia is accepting applications for the position of Business Administrator. This position will perform a combination of grants and contracts job duties including pre-award and post-award management as well as budget and finance analysis and reporting for complex research programs. The employee will be responsible for the processing of research proposals or award amendments and serve as the primary financial contact for internal and external subcontracts and sponsors. This position will plan departmental budget needs by analyzing short and long term program plans. This position will also lead the financial analysis, budget, and reporting initiatives; monitor expenditures, and prepare/analyze and report accurate and timely data for the research programs. Position will provide expert advice and interpretation for program leadership on financial planning, budget forecast, and complex financial analyses.
The position requires a minimum of three years' experience in grant administration and expertise in all aspects of managing and maintaining compliance with all major research funding sources including federal government, state government, foundations and industry sponsors. Knowledge of the principles of budgeting and financial reconciliation is essential. The ability to accurately analyze fiscal grant transactions and forecast expenditures is required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively to support team members is essential. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint is required. Preference will be given for 5 years or more of experience in pre- and post-award grant/contract administration. Research Administrator Certification is preferred. Knowledge of University and sponsored programs policies and procedures, and contract administration is preferred. Experience with Oracle modules, UBI, and RAD. The successful candidate will possess excellent project management skills and the ability to approach work in a collegial, collaborative manner.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Advanced understanding of principals and procedures of grants administration
2. Ability to synthesize information and provide advice to researchers, administrators, faculty, and business managers
3. Advanced understanding of the compliance requirements of federal and state grant policies and regulations
4. Knowledge of the principles of budgeting and financial reconciliation is essential.
5. The ability to accurately analyze fiscal transactions and forecast expenditures is required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Proven ability to clearly articulate specific information in area of subject matter expertise.
6. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively to support team members is essential. Ability to lead, train, and functionally supervise.
7. Advanced ability to navigate University databases and systems.
8. Demonstrates knowledge of the role of research funding in supporting the University's educational and research missions
9. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) skills required.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=85716