Extension Program Coordinator - University of Illinois Extension- Clinton, IL (104332)
Extension Program Coordinator - University of Illinois Extension
Units 16&17 Cluster - Clinton, IL (DeWitt County - Unit 17)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Extension Program Coordinator position is responsible for providing leadership for the 4-H Youth Development program in DeWitt County. The Extension Program Coordinator is to work as a team member with the County Extension Director, Youth Development Educator and other unit staff to determine programming priorities and deliver and evaluate high quality programs within the county. This position is an hourly position and is contingent upon the availability of federal funds appropriated annually.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with County Extension Director, the 4-H/Youth Development Educator and other staff to identify critical needs and issues relating to 4-H and Youth Development in the Unit
- Coordinates the planning of 4-H/Youth Development educational activities with 4-H projects and Community Clubs, camps, after school programs, school programs and community service learning in collaboration with the 4-H/Youth Development Educator and County Extension Director
- Work with the Unit's Extension Councils and committees as assigned to plan, promote, and implement educational programs. Some specific tasks might include: arranging for facilities and equipment, contacting and confirming instructors, promoting programs via media, developing direct mail pieces, collecting feedback from participants, and preparing reports to describe program accomplishments
- Coordinates efforts to identify, recruit, train and support 4-H volunteers and members for Unit's 4-H program
- Coordinates logistical requirements for meetings and educational programs as required
- Presents 4-H/Youth Development educational programs as required. Program materials utilized will be developed by Extension Educators and/or Campus Specialists
- Assists with the development of marketing plans and goals to recruit participants for educational activities and the development of advertising and publicity for those activities
- Disseminates educational information provided by Extension professionals
- Conducts evaluations of program activities and recommends continuation, modification, or discontinuance of the program
- Reports program accomplishments to the Unit 4-H/Youth Development Educator
- Submits monthly activity reports
- Participates in relevant professional development opportunities
- Works with Extension staff as well as other agency professionals and volunteers to facilitate 4-H and Youth Development programming
- Performs other duties related to Extension 4-H/Youth Development program delivery as assigned
- Performs other duties that contribute to University of Illinois Extension programming, as assigned
- Duties for this position include work inside the office and the community that requires access to transportation. Additionally, some work will require attendance at evening and weekend meetings
- Complies with all University of Illinois Extension Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity policies and guidelines.
1. High school graduation or GED
2. Any one or any combination that equals four (4) years/ 48 months of responsible volunteer or professional work experience in coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities
A. Volunteer/Work experience coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities
B. College coursework in any field of study
• 60 semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
• 90 semester hours equals three (3) years (36 months)
• 120 semester hours or more equals four (4) years (48 months)
For more information about this classification:
This Extension Program Coordinator position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible civil service position. The work schedule is to be determined (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $16.85 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for EXT-EXT PROG COORD-CLINTON. Please include all relevant work/volunteer experience coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities. This information should be included in the Experience portion of the application. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Exam scores for this credential assessment will be based on materials submitted, rather than a written exam.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction information check, a CANTS check, and a review of the Registered Sex Offender list, will be conducted.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: University Extension
Title: Extension Program Coordinator - University of Illinois Extension- Clinton, IL (104332)
Open Date: 10/05/2018
Close Date: 10/15/2018
Organization Name: Unit 17