Office Support Associate
Office Support Associate
Office Support Associate
Studio Art - 136300
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm
The Department of Studio Art housed in the College of Visual Arts and Design offers both a BFA & MFA degree which offers students an intensive exploration across a breadth of of media concentrations and within a depth of discipline that allows students to prepare to be an artist, begin a career in the arts, or to continue their studies in graduate school. The department has 700 majors, 44 faculty, instructors and staff and 64 graduate students.
The Studio Art Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Office Support Associate to join our team. Under minimal supervision, performs department specific office and clerical duties of a routine and moderately complex nature requiring exercise of judgment and detailed knowledge of department procedures as it relates to students. This position supports the functions of the chair and administrative coordinator. The direct report for this individual is chair of the department. This individual will interface with department of studio art students, faculty, staff, administrators, and office personnel across College of Visual Arts and Design and the greater UNT campus. Independently, in a confidential and professional manner, creates, establishes and/or maintains records, spreadsheets and databases, may prepare correspondence. Maintains/establishes filing systems and may perform other duties of a routine or non-routine nature as required by chair. Discretion and judgment should be used when planning and organizing work.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Provides significant support related to file management for the department.
* Responsible for accurate input, maintenance, and management of appropriate filing systems and related databases. To ensure that all files comply with accreditation requirements.
* Provides support for projects as needed.
* Assist in processing student forms.
* May process expenditures, requisitions and purchases for department for students.
* Serves as backup for other individuals in the department.
* Greets visitors and directs them appropriately.
* May run errands, fax, sort, and distribute school mail, copy, scan and input materials for department.
* Maintains current knowledge of departmental policies, procedures and regulations, and provides information and assistance as needed to facilitate the daily operations of the office.
* Acts in a caring and courteous manner toward all users/visitors in the following ways: uses positive interpersonal skills to alleviate concerns and frustrations of students, other staff, and faculty; to provide assistance in a timely manner, references appropriate procedures in a calm and courteous manner; acts always in a professional and confidential manner with respect to all information and records.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a High school diploma and three years of moderately responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Advanced customer service skills.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred.
* Proficient with Computers and graphics.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks.
* Excellent phone and communications skills.
* Ability to work well with others.
* Highly Ethical.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting