Director, Educational Services and Partnerships
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-System Office, University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
This position is located at the LSC-System Office, University Park location at 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
POSITION WILL EVENTUALLY SUPPORT LSC-HOUSTON NORTH PENDING SACSCOC APPROVAL.
The Director, Educational Services and Partnerships manages staff and/or resources to provide specific program or service offerings to internal or external stakeholders. Provides leadership and support in the planning, design, implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive P-16 outreach plan. Leads, develops, and implements programs and activities to raise awareness of P-16 students, their parents, and communities of the importance of higher education. Motivates primary and secondary students to complete elementary, middle, and high school in a way that prepares them for success in higher education in target areas with low college-going rates.
- Provides leadership to plan, design, administer, communicate, and evaluate all aspects of the Dual Credit and College Readiness program for the college that align with strategic goals of the college; Areas include but are not limited to: Home School, Dual Credit, and other associated College Readiness programs
- Develops innovative model pilot projects that offer partnership opportunities between public schools and institutions of higher education, in support of the areas of responsibility
- Reviews and analyzes data pertinent to College Readiness programs, goals, and strategic programming functions for successful student transition from P-16 into higher education; Supports the incorporation of college readiness standards into dual credit courses taught both face-to-face and online
- Works closely and collaboratively with TEA, school districts, parent groups, community groups, social services, businesses, colleges and Universities to develop, interpret, and implement all applicable policies, procedures, and regulations pertaining to college readiness services
- Develops and shares curricula and resources, for both 6-12 & 9-12 schools, including an intensive 11th and 12th grade planning guide to support College Connections and Dual Credit initiatives; Assists in the transition of the LSC dual credit program as school districts transition from TAKS to end-of-course exams and provide technical assistance as the state curriculum and assessment changes
- Assists schools in developing individual partnerships with colleges and universities that have dual credit agreements with LSC; Initiates and negotiates all articulation agreements between LSC and ISD's HISTORY: LSC_HRComp_Approved_DR10242014 (JDNH) Updated to Taleo format_LC03022018
- Evaluates the processes utilized for registration, enrollment, and qualifying for dual credit courses for public/private schools; Ensures all legal contracts/agreements are current and complete for LSC service area private/charter and public school districts
- Coordinates the College's P-16 Council working closely with All Kids Alliance and the P-16 Executive Council
- Keeps informed of and evaluates major trends in P-16; Maintains and implements long-range planning activities consistent with the College and district strategic plans and policies
- Participates on pertinent advisory committees, district-wide task forces and committees, Community Forum retreats and meetings and appropriate institutes, conferences and seminars assuring that recommendations are appropriately addressed
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrated positive communication and interpersonal skills
- Educational experience including community college experience
- Excellent leadership ability
- Knowledge of and commitment to community college philosophy
- Minimal physical effort is required
- The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there
may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or
small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Travel to service locations as needed
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 KB) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of related work experience, with at least 3 years in a management or director level position
- Master's degree
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College To Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check
Primary Location: US-Texas-Houston
Work Locations: 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Rd) (0801) , 20515 SH 249 , Houston , 77070
Job: Student Services
Organization: LSC University Park - 0800
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Oct 5, 2018, 10:29:25 PM