Senior Instructor in Chinese Language
Areas of Intereset: Faculty/Instruction
Functional Areas: College of Arts & Sciences
Department: Department of Asian Languages and Civilizations
Requisition Number: 13598
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: Faculty
The Department of Asian Languages and Civilizations at the University of Colorado at Boulder invites applications for a non-tenure-track appointment as Senior Instructor in Chinese language, to begin August 2019. Requirements include a Ph.D. in Chinese language, linguistics, pedagogy, or another related discipline and a minimum of one year of experience teaching Chinese at the university level. Teaching experience acquired while obtaining degree will be considered. ABD candidates will be considered but the degree must be conferred by August 18, 2019. Job duties include teaching courses in Chinese language to undergraduate and graduate students and service to the University.
Who We Are
The College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Colorado Boulder is the intellectual core of the university, conducting research, scholarship, creative work and education in more than 60 fields. Our research generates new knowledge, solving some of the world’s most critical problems. The college leads nationally in undergraduate and graduate education, bringing world-class research and scholarship to our students, both in and out of the classroom. The college is the academic home to all five of the university’s Nobel laureates. Additionally, it is home to the university’s four National Medal of Science winners, eight MacArthur "Genius Award" winners, 100 Fulbright Scholars, 17 Guggenheim Fellows, 14 Packard Fellows, 24 members of the National Academy of Sciences, and 23 members of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. CU-Boulder is the only university in the Rocky Mountain region in the American Association of Universities, a group of the nation’s leading research institutions.
Information about our department can be found at http://www.colorado.edu/alc.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Engaged. Be Inclusive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- PhD in Chinese language, linguistics, pedagogy, or another related discipline; ABD candidates will be considered but the degree must be conferred by August 18, 2019
- One year of experience in teaching Chinese at the university level; teaching experience acquired while obtaining degree will be considered
- Ability to teach courses in Chinese language to undergraduate and graduate students
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- List of references
- Copies of syllabi of courses taught or proposed
- You will need to submit 3 references for this position. These individuals will be contacted and asked to submit a letter of recommendation as part of your application materials. This information will be kept confidential and viewable only by the search committee.
Review of applications will begin on November 6, 2018; applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Posting Contact Name: Jacqueline Coombs
Posting Contact Email: Jacqueline.Coombs@Colorado.EDU
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer