Division Operations Manager, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Business & Economics
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-North Harris
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-North Harris, nestled on 200 acres of piney woods, is the original and largest college in the Lone Star College System family. Serving the community for more than three decades, LSC-North Harris offers more than 60 programs of study, including university-transfer and numerous education courses and programs. LSC-North Harris is keenly focused on leading-edge technology in emerging technical job fields.
Campus address is 2700 W.W. Thorne Drive. Houston, Texas 77073-3499.
As an integral part of an instructional Dean's division's leadership team, the Division Operations Manager manages the administrative, financial, and human resources operations for the division, including but not limited to course schedules, budgeting, payroll, purchasing, and supervision of administrative support staff. In conjunction with the division's leadership, the Operations Manager plans the annual budgets for the division and monitors/reconciles expenditures to ensure they are within the authorized budget. Oversees expenditures of grants and contracts and maintains related fiscal records. Manages various personnel, payroll, and hiring functions, and serves as liaison to a variety of LSC departments. Serves as active member of the LSC-wide DOM Council. Job Functions:
- Manages full-time and part-time employees; makes assignments, sets priorities, and provides training, counseling, and coaching as needed
- Manages the development of the division's annual operational and capital budgets; tracks expenditures and prepares journal entries and budget revisions as required
- Completes budget vs. cost analyses throughout the year, in addition to expense projections, trend reports, and ad hoc reports, as required
- Manages the building of credit/non-credit schedules to ensure that students can enroll in the division's course offerings, faculty are paid appropriately, appropriate fees are collected, and State reporting is accurate; ensures that the division's schedules, catalogs, and various publications reflect accurate course offerings and program information
- Manages the purchasing of goods and services, including preparation and evaluation of quotes and bids, preparation of requisitions, and receipt of goods and materials
- Manages faculty and staff payroll, as well as hiring processes for part-time faculty and students; this includes but is not limited to time-reporting, employment verification, background check authorizations, identifying overloads and stipends, verifying multiple payroll and benefits forms, and credentials verifications)
- Ensures Memorandums of Assignment, Memorandums of Understanding, Faculty Workload forms, and retirement documents for part-time faculty and Extra Service Agreements for full- time faculty are completed appropriately each semester
- Ensures that reporting procedures and approvals are in place and communicated for travel and other expenses and that LSC expense reporting policies and procedures are followed
- Compiles information, analyses data, and provides a variety of reports on enrollment, room utilization, faculty workload, and other areas for Instructional Deans and Divisions
- Manages or participates in activities associated with SACS accreditation, program accreditation, search committees, civil rights training, and other miscellaneous LSC and initiatives as needed
- Identifies, develops, and implements administrative "best practices" and re-engineers processes as needed; ensures changes are documented and communicated to employees
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of educational institutions is helpful
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in areas of purchasing, budgeting, financial administration, financial reporting, and personnel administration
- Strong initiative and analytical skills
- Strong skills with computer applications (especially Microsoft Office Suite), including extracting queries and creating reports
- Ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail while meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maintain confidential information
- The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile.
- No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance.
This includes 22-23 days paid holidays and up to 12 annual vacation days, full comprehensive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option
to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Houston
Work Locations: 2700 WW Thorne Dr (0100) , 2700 WW Thorne Dr , Houston , 77073
Job: Academic Affairs
Organization: LSC North Harris - 01
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Staff
Required Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Oct 5, 2018, 6:33:18 PM