Sr Professional Research Asst
University of Colorado
Sr. Professional Research Assistant
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds
Nature of Work
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education (CIPE) is seeking to fill an Evaluation and Assessment Professional position. This 0.50FTE position will be a member of the CIPE team and is responsible for developing, implementing, aligning and managing programmatic and curricular evaluations and their resultant data; analyzing data for programmatic evaluation, improvement and research, and for developing reports and scholarship related to CIPE on the AMC.
The ideal candidate will have a Masters or PhD in a directly-related field with experience in health professional education evaluation and assessment. Three to five years of experience in educational research is preferred along with excellent communication skills, demonstrated effectiveness in evaluation and assessment, the ability to pull data together from multiple sources as well as being able to work across professions and collaborate with faculty directors and staff
Provide direct professional support for the educational and research service missions of the programs on the Anschutz Medical Campus.
This position reports directly to the Director of CIPE.
Examples of Work Performed
- Develop, design and implement evaluation and assessment tools and reports for curricular and programmatic components of CIPE
- Collect, analyze, map, and report student achievement of interprofessional competencies that support accreditation requirements in aggregate and at the individual student level
- Collect, analyze, map and report evaluation and assessment data related to student teams
- Collect, analyze, map and report evaluation and assessment data related to faculty engagement, development and performance
- Collect, analyze, map and report evaluation and assessment data to assist CIPE in demonstrating programmatic value and productivity for the AMC campus
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Collect, process, analyze, and verify data and data sources for various types of routine and ad-hoc reports
- Support institutional data governance procedures, such as developing and maintaining a data dictionary and codebook
- Develop and maintain webpages and dashboards to support health professions accreditation needs, CIPE program reviews, and continuous quality improvement
- Comparative analysis of IPE performance metrics and ratings across assessments and evaluations both within IPE as well as with health professions data.
- Analysis of data for research and scholarship
- Management of database systems and data integrity.
- Provide additional support to the faculty and staff of CIPE as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate across a diverse group of individuals providing data (e.g. learners, faculty, peers, teams, facilitators) to achieve CIPE goals and objectives.
- Master's degree in a directly-related field (e.g., social science, assessment, statistics).
- 2 years of direct experience with research methods, data analysis, and reporting techniques, preferably in a higher education environment.
- Advanced knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis methods.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, administering, and analyzing assessment instruments (e.g., rubrics, test blueprints, and surveys); proficiency in the use of assessment tracking and data analysis tools, statistical databases, data management data gathering or storage.
- At least 2 years of experience in managing large data files in Excel or other
- At least 2 years of experience in data analysis using a statistical software package such as SPSS
- At least 2 years of experience in using survey software such as Qualtrics
- Experience with assessment activities within the health professions.
- Proven skills in current data visualization presentation standards and ability to serve as a resource to others.
- Experience in database structures such as Access or SQL
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14179
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 21449 - ADM-VCHA-Interprofsnl Ed-Admin
Posting Date: Aug 6, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Carissa Smith
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00746486