Clinical Patient Navigator
Medicine - Huey Long Hospital
Location: Alexandria, LA
The Clinical Patient Navigator conducts acuity scales, strengths-based assessments, provides basic health education and risk reduction counseling, and coordinates medical care and support services to meet the self-management needs of individuals living with HIV/AIDS. This position will act as Social Services Manager for case management services, overseeing and coordinating the work of case management support staff.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proficient computer skills; familiarity with Microsoft Office and Excel software applications.
- Must have sound strengths-based interviewing and assessment skills, and the ability to work effectively with clients of all socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to establish priorities, exercise discretion, maintain confidentiality and integrity in the performance of all duties.
- Ability to prioritize and work with multiple projects simultaneously in a busy clinic atmosphere.
- Ability to successfully meet established project deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a professional team and to collaborate effectively with individuals within the University as well as with community partners.
Registered Nurse with a current license to practice in the State of Louisiana in good standing with the Louisiana Board of Nursing
Three years clinical nursing experience to include experience in at least one of the following areas: managed care, patient education, patient advocacy/navigator, case management or social work
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.