The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 12,400 undergraduate and 1,800 graduate students. UCCS is among the fastest growing universities in the state and is consistently ranked as one of the top Western regional universities by U.S. News & World Report. Colorado Springs (pop. 400K+) is situated at the base of Pikes Peak, offers many recreational and cultural activities and was recently ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top Best Places to Live in the U.S.: http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com .
The Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs Primary Care Clinic invites applications for a Medical Assistant. The Primary Care Clinic is housed at the Lane Center for Academic Health Sciences, a unique, cutting-edge partnership that fuses mental and physical health services to create an outstanding model for integrated healthcare education, research and preventive primary and specialty care services. This is a 40 hour per week position that is responsible for checking in patients, triaging acute care visits, assisting providers with medical procedures, medical supply inventory, collecting lab specimens, and assisting with front desk operations as needed.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Checks in patients prior to seeing medical provider
- Obtaiins lab specimens and notifies providers when results received
- Notifies RN of needed medical supplies
- Tracks abnormal labs and assists provider in contacting patients requiring follow-up care
- Communicates with patients on follow-up for mammograms, blood pressures, and Gardasil vaccines
- Notifies patients of normal lab and readiograph results at providers request
- Give immunizations as outline in clinic protocols
- Assists prioviders with medication refills
- Answers phone and schedules appointments after triaging needs of patients
- Assists providers with medical emergencies that arise in clinic until EMT's arrive
- Works with students to comply with MMR requirement
- Disinfects and stocks exam rooms on a weekly basis
- Answers the phone, works with medical receptionist to schedule appointments after triaging needs of patients and works with RN to complete patient and outside provider requests
- Additional duties as sassigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organization, customer service, and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with on campus departments and community agencies
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects at a given time
- Ability to provide injections without supervision
- Strong phlebotomy skills
Hourly Pay Rate: $16.24/hr
This position has been determined to be eligible for overtime (non-exempt) under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is locate at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- High School diploma or GED
- Certification or registered as a Medical Assistant in the State of Colorado
- Current BLS card/certification
Special Instructions to Applicants:Position is open until filled. Applications submitted by 10/18/18 will receive full consideration. Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or [email protected] Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:In order for an application to be considered, applicants must label each required attachment with the relevant title, attach the required documents for this position announcement to the submission and check the Job Specific Attachments box next to each document in the submission. When applying, applicants must include: cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and qualifications, current resume, certification or registration as a Medical Assistant in the State of Colorado, and current BLS card or certification.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40082 - Beth-El Grad Nursing
Posting Date: Oct 4, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Deborah O'Connor
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00744679