Work Study - Student Support (Western Campus)
Department: Student Activities
Location: Western Campus
Reports To: Campus Director, Student Activities
Recruitment Type: Internal
Requisition ID: req342
Employment Type: Student
Vacancy Number: WS021-19
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: DAYS TO BE DETERMINED BY HIRING MANAGER AND STUDENT
Number of Openings: 1
- Assign, edit and write stories for the student newspaper.
- Have a sound grasp of basic writing principles, including grammar and punctuation.
- Maintain office hours during standard college business hours.
- Chair meetings for the student newspaper to discuss the general content and format of each issue.
- Consult with the adviser when in doubt concerning style, content and/or legal matters related to each edition.
- Consistently maintain 6 credit hours each semester;
- maintain satisfactory academic progress;
- adhere to College's confidentiality policy;
- successfully pass background/drug screening;
- answer phone and take messages;
- clerical duties such as filing, data entry, copying and faxing;
- open and sort mail;
- strong interpersonal communication skills;
- willingness to learn new technology;
- assist with special projects;
- other duties as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.