ATTAIN Project Manager
ATTAIN Project Manager
University Center for Academic and Workforce Development
10 North Pearl Street, 3rd. Floor, Albany, New York 12246
FUNCTION & SCOPE: Under the supervision of the Director of Program and Services, this position serves as the ATTAIN Project Manager for a statewide technology project. ATTAIN (Advanced Technology Training and Information Networking) is a statewide technology initiative funded by New York State. ATTAIN’s goal is to provide urban and rural communities access to state-of-the-art technology. Through innovative technologies ATTAIN provides under-served and under-educated community residents academic, vocational, life skills and workplace readiness training. Incumbent will manage and oversee all information and activities relating to the development, installation, project implementation and program development of the ATTAIN labs. Supervise ATTAIN Statewide Coordinators at UCAWD in carrying out the management of all information and activities.
- Supervise ATTAIN Statewide Coordinators at UCAWD.
- Develop standardized policies and procedures for all ATTAIN labs statewide consistent with Research Foundation policies and procedures and policies and procedures established at the host organization.
- Responsible for the coordination of UCAWD and EOC personnel, host sites and contractors regarding the development and ongoing management of ATTAIN labs.
- Responsible for all aspects of new lab development from inception to completion.
- Provide status information on the ATTAIN project.
- Monitor program effectiveness based on site review, Lab Management System and recommend corrective action plans as necessary.
- Approve performance reports and performance plans.
- Develop internal and external marketing.
- Conduct labor market analysis.
- Ensure information exchange among the ATTAIN labs with regard to best practices and common strategies for problem solving.
- Support the alignment of student employment strategies.
- Coordinate targeted employer/industry outreach.
- Manage oversight of all aspects related to assisting the TANF population served by the ATTAIN labs.
- Create strategic coordination of all staff involved in the preparation of students’ soft and hard skills.
- Follow up on issues and communicate with all team members.
SPECIAL SKILLS: Strong communication, written, organizational and presentation skills required. High energy individual that is comfortable performing multiple tasks and managing complex projects effectively and successfully from inception to implementation. Must be detail-oriented, flexible and adaptable to change. Ability to function without extensive task-by-task supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in related discipline
- Minimum three years’ experience in project/program management
- Supervisory experience required
- Experience in instructional technology desired
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations
- Demonstrated experience working on a team
- Statewide travel required
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
CLOSING DATE: POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Applicants must meet the minimum requirements in terms of qualifications. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered unless specifically stated otherwise. If you are interested or if you know someone who might be interested, send a resume with cover letter to https://systemrf.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=103145
Position offered through the SUNY System Administration Sponsored Programs Office, an operating location of The Research Foundation of SUNY, a private, non-profit corporation. Equal Opportunity Employer, females, minorities, disabled, veterans.